New ROGer Array

Red face Could use some help installing my new SSD on the G750JZ

Hello

I'm new here, hope I don't mess it up somehow.

Okay so I got the G750JZ ROG ultra-book, I bought it without an SSD . I received a Samsung 840 EVO (500GB) one today, this is actually the first SSD that I ever owned, so unfortunately this means I'm a total newb at installing it.

Couple of things, first of all, on the book inside the SSD box, there are pictured steps, in those (installing on a laptop) there's a USB which you connect into the SSD and then into the laptop then proceed to install from a DVD after which you're supposed to actually install the SSD inside the laptop. The thing is, this box did not include that USB cable and I have no idea what it is.

My questions are these :

Can I properly install the SSD without that USB cable and if so, how?
    After I install it, how would I go about transferring the O.S and anything else I want into the SSD to boost performance to the lightning levels I've seen others get?

Appreciate any help anyone may offer

Have a nice day

ROG Enthusiast Array Xenocrates PC Specs
    Xenocrates PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Formula VI
    Processori5 4670
    Memory (part number)CML4GX3M2A1600C9 / F3-8500CL7-4GBRL
    Graphics Card #1PNY GTX 770 4096 MB edition
    CPU CoolerCM Evo Hyper 212
    CaseNZXT Phantom 630
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    Mouse R.A.T. 5
    Headset Plantronics Gamecom 780
    OS Windows 7 Professional

That USB cable is an adapter for USB to SATA. you can do it without, so long as you have A) A desktop with spare sata slots, or B) a Sata to USB cable or dock, which you can buy online, or in bestbuy. As for transfering stuff, my experience is that samsung packages a program with it, their "magician" which will allow you to transfer everything.

New ROGer Array

Thanks for answering so quick Xenocrates.

I'm pretty sure my G750 has a slot for an SSD inside it, should I just pop it in then? Or install from the DVD first?