View Poll Results: Do u want to overclock your gtx notebooks?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

19 79.17%
  • NO

5 20.83%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

ROG Member Array

Just wanted to share my experience...

Luckily I am still on Forceware 344.75, and I see amazing results after overclocking the GPU (970M), yet keeping temperature under control. Here's an exampe...

Before OC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	47123

After OC (+75Mhz core clock & +250Mhz mem; Note that I still had room of +60 more core-clock, but didn't wanna try anything crazy at this time ). Also, the temperatures were around 66'C, and the fps on Far Cry 4 (Ultra settings) got bumped up from ~50 to ~56, which is not bad at all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	47124

All I recommend is don't overclock if you are not sure what you are doing. Do some research and try at your own risk!

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

can we do overclock with 347.71 drivers ? Cause I'm trying to do so with MSI Afterburner but everytime I set it, it reverts back to 0.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by x7007 View Post
    can we do overclock with 347.71 drivers ? Cause I'm trying to do so with MSI Afterburner but everytime I set it, it reverts back to 0.
    According to my knowledge, Nvidia blocked overclocking feature on drivers that came after 344.75. Initially, I downloaded 'Nvidia Inspector' and made sure that the overclocking sliders were not greyed out, which means that the overclocking feature was still enabled on my laptop. Then I used EVGA Precision x16 software to carefully overclock the GPU (but I reverted the clocks back to default for now, as I did't need overclocking at this point of time)

Here's the latest article on notebookcheck.net, that talks about this ongoing issue:
    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-....137109.0.html

ROG Member Array

Hey guys, here's my video of overclocking G751JT (GTX 970M), that I would like to share. Also, PLEASE SHARE & SUBSCRIBE...I will be benchmarking a number of latest games in next few days. Enjoy!!

Per my experience, G751 is an amazing machine, and can withstand max GPU overclocking (of course after tweaking to stable memory overclocking). To be precise, increase of GPU clock by +135MHz, and Memory clock of about 500MHz, gave me a pretty stable base data.

I have got a separate video (which is still in progress ), that shows before/after overclocking numbers of 'Unigine Heaven' with max settings. Will post it as soon as it's available.

PLEASE NOTE: This overclocking video is only based on my experience, on my laptop. All I recommend is not to overclock if your machine is doing just fine, or if you are not sure what you are doing. Do some research, and try at your own risk!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3