cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!! SWTOR unplayable !! Numberpad on G74SX with 203 Bios render SWTOR unplayable.

Retired
Not applicable
BIG BIG problem after playing the Star Wars trials. That number pad issue is going to make the game function so diminished its unplayable. I felt like half of my options and game play was unavailable. Also no Autoruning without numlock button!!! Thats just not gonna work out ASUS. Please let me know NOW if this going to be fixed so I can sell my laptop in enough time to get one that will work with this much anticipated game. I quite literally purchased this unit at almost 2K usd to play only this game(swtor) and BF3 so I am kinda getting freaked out and upset.
7 REPLIES 7

JRd1st
Level 12
We agree with you. Complain to gary_key@asus - http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?883-Troubleshooting-ASUS-G73-Touchpad-Problems
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks bud. I read that thread and it was very interesting. I'm really hoping someone who works at ASUS will address my concern directly on this thread. I also e-mailed Gary directly and will update if its relevant.

This is really huge in opinion and I really want ASUS to address this soon and with clear explanation/fix. Completely unacceptable to call a device a "gaming" anything while this issue persists.

JRd1st
Level 12
I agree.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

grungeboy2
Level 10
external usb keyboard or one of logitech's calculators/numberpads.

that's just my temp solution. i wouldn't wait for asus to issue a update to that. they might, but it might not be anytime soon.

Retired
Not applicable
Yeah, I am really disturbed by this, I just want to know it is getting dedicated active attention from ASUS. I'm in no position too, however I still demand an answer from ASUS by weeks end. If its not going to play SWTOR I need to get this brick out the door ASAP. Total deal breaker that a "Gaming Laptop" like G74SX does not support Star Wars The Old Republic. This is not something overlookable IMO and totally unacceptable. Too many people I am sure will hop on SWTOR who own Asus laptops.

I'm active on the SWTOR forums and in the Beta/Early Testing team. So far I have not mentioned this outside of this forum but I plan on spreading this like wildfire if it does not get attention.

JRd1st
Level 12
You installed ATK 1.0.0014 too, right? In the case you didn't you need to uninstall the old ATK package, restart windows, then install ATK Package 1.0.0014 and restart again.

You can find that in my New Drivers sticky.

Good luck man. I know it seems fundamentally stupid to do that on a gaming notebook, but someone over there must have thought they had a good idea, someone who wasn't a gamer. lol

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
I'm not sure about this.. I just got done play the SWTOR beta this last weekend. It ran Perfectly on my G74sx. My number pad worked fine. I have an asus gaming mouse and auto run is one of the thumb buttons on the mouse. I've had my laptop for 2 weeks this friday and ive never updated the BIOS. It's still 202. Maybe just go back to that BIOS. IDK just my honest opinion.

Also BIOS 203, whats the point? I'm not seeing anything wrong with this BIOS but it may be becuase im a noob. Please respond to this.