cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing drivers, issues with permissions (G751JT)

RMXM
Level 7
So I did a clean install of windows 8.1 and downloaded from the website chipset drives and so on and all were ok till i got to elan touchpad drives and nvidia vga one,i rebooted after instslling and after esch reboot i got a windows asking me if i wanna run the touchpad exe and nvidia and i rebooted 3 times and same messages and when i click nvidia experience i get an error medsage saing it cannot work 😕
Any ideas to why this is happening? on my test install with the dvd from the box drives i had not one window asking me if i wanna run a program after rebooting 😞

Please any advice is appreciated i wanna use this laptop alresdy 😞
10 REPLIES 10

pokerface
Level 9
The download was probably corrupt.

Please download it using Firefox or Chrome and try again, don't download it through IE
ALIENWARE 18 Laptop
CPU: Intel Core i7-4900MQ CPU @ 3.8 GHz (8MB Cache)
Graphics: Dual GeForce GTX 780M SLI 2x4 GB GDDR5 RAM
Sound: Realtek ALC668 HD Audio with Klipsch Speakers
Memory: 32 GB Kingston HyperX 1866 MHz DDR3 PC3-14900 RAM
Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256 GB SSD + Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB SSD + Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB mSATA SSD
Screen: Samsung LTM184HL01 18.4" WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display PLS 16:9 1080p [SDC4C48]

pokerface wrote:
The download was probably corrupt.

Please download it using Firefox or Chrome and try again, don't download it through IE

oh o.o ? That can happen just by downloading with ie? Indeed each time i used just ie xD
so that's the issue? Surprised the others were ok but each time nvidia and touchpad does this 😕
i'l uninstall them and download again with chrome

Thanks for the reply!

*Update* Did so as you said but still the same issues 😞

RMXM
Level 7
Reinstalled windows and tri3d again and nvidia does the same then "geforce experience encountered an error and must close "

BigDRim
Level 7
I had the same problem. I updated Windows (the recommended updates too) and then GFE worked.

BigDRim wrote:
I had the same problem. I updated Windows (the recommended updates too) and then GFE worked.
i dont get it i had first time all updates done from windows including recommended but that still happened 😞

pokerface
Level 9
it's an easy fix, check your PM
ALIENWARE 18 Laptop
CPU: Intel Core i7-4900MQ CPU @ 3.8 GHz (8MB Cache)
Graphics: Dual GeForce GTX 780M SLI 2x4 GB GDDR5 RAM
Sound: Realtek ALC668 HD Audio with Klipsch Speakers
Memory: 32 GB Kingston HyperX 1866 MHz DDR3 PC3-14900 RAM
Storage: Samsung 850 PRO 256 GB SSD + Samsung 850 PRO 1 TB SSD + Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB mSATA SSD
Screen: Samsung LTM184HL01 18.4" WLED FHD (1920 X 1080) TrueLife Display PLS 16:9 1080p [SDC4C48]

BigDRim
Level 7
And optional ones? If not, uninstall GFE, update everything then install GFE (from nvidia website).

BigDRim wrote:
And optional ones? If not, uninstall GFE, update everything then install GFE (from nvidia website).

Tried reinstalling it wns its not just GFE elantech or hows it called for touchpad does the same each reboot i get asked if i want it to run 😕

A_Deviant_Hero
Level 7
When I installed the touchpad driver after a fresh install, then restarted it had a popup asking if I wanted to run it. You check the box saying don't show this box again and then click yes you want to run it. Then no more box will pop up when you restart/reboot the computer.