Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA Experience; GOOD!

aoryx
Level 7
HI everyone,
I want to share my RMA-s- experience with you
I have had a G750JS for a while, and lately the CPU started to overheat (99C). So i had to send it for RMA, and the good part was I had it back exactly in one week and they changed the VGA_BD too! but the bad part was the 2nd HDD slot (BD) was not working anymore!
I called in and send it again for a 2nd RMA, and had it back in also one week. good as new!
And I liked how they owned up the HDD mistake in their report!
The reason I wrote this is, before I send it in for the first time, I have read a lot of bad reviews that discouraged me from sending in my device but It was good overall -for me at least-.
So to sum up, in 14 days 2 times RMA'ed and overall satisfied and Id recommend them to friend.

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

BIOHAZARD9519
Level 7
That is really great to hear considering I'm about to send mine off this coming week! Hopefully it will only take a week and come before Spring Break.

frewi
Level 7
i feel like i should add my experience but i wont since that might be consider hijacking/maybe if i get permission?? a thread but in short i also had a perfect RMA ending of last year

my recommendation for asus's reputation is that we with a good RMA (and those who might follow) contact the bbb (Better Business Bureau) and add our reviews aka fixing asus's reputation and getting rid of that alert and helping the company in our way

i do fear for asus going down and leaving us stranded so (although i highly doubt it'll go down with how big it is)
If I'm helpful please let me know for that i know i'm doing good or else tell me for i can improve! 😛

How did you guys go through your RMA process, did you talk to someone first or just went straight for an RMA application?

aoryx
Level 7
@frewi sure, share ur rma experience. lets have this thread help ppl who r searching for asus rma reviews.

@BIOHAZARD9519 First time, i went thru their website support chat, Second time i called them to report receiving my unit with HDD slot that is not working

frewi
Level 7
idk how i posted that while extremely sleep i don't even know i managed to spell right while knocked out sleep-posting (couldn't sleep the night before yesterday)/missed a pill it seems and has i received permission here's my story - The issue first started in 2011- the touchpad button the primary/right click was malfunctioning - it was thinking it was held down when i pressed on it once and it didn't let go /software wise/ /problem - and lasted all the way from the beginning of 2012(got the laptop in 2011/09/12 ) to the end of 2014 oct - nov - in October 13th of 2014 i contacted Asus over live chat support (the link i used to live chat)/North america and since the 13th i waited until the 15th? or 16th? i think ? to send it but i also had a fast pass kinda thing where when i told them my story they sent me a free shipping to Asus HQ in California(the person probably saw my ip from deltona/fl) also i read that they had a repair/HQ center in a near by state but it was closed down idk why - anyways fast forward 1 month(oct to nov) and i received it Fixed and they also amped up my graphics card from 1.5 gb of Vram to 2.0 gb of Vram which might not be allot to day to those with higher end laptops (Nvidia GTX 560M) And Recreated my recovery system and now ? waiting for the cold to go away and hoping gta V comes out next month

also the reason was i waited to send it was because i was in the same position has BIOHAZARD9519 thinking they might do something evil /what you'd expect from all the stories floating around - although take my advise and start making your own story via sending it in and see what happens! /take the leap of faith 🙂
although Remember all you have to do on your part Which I did on mine was be nice to the live chat person and when you call in case they forget the tracking Number which they did for me also tiny detail - we called in the morning / ahead of the updated RMA page so they might have or might not had updated it since all i did was check the tracking number instead of the rma page

quick thingy - also since this laptop was 1.5k / pre show model although that might be the reason for the problem / touch pad (don't worry about the dates)
If I'm helpful please let me know for that i know i'm doing good or else tell me for i can improve! 😛

BIOHAZARD9519
Level 7
Just got my laptop back and I have to say that I am impressed with live chat and servicing. Servicing took only week exactly, that's from the day I shipped it to the day I received it back. My laptop was even scheduled to come arrive at my house 3 days later, instead now I have my laptop for all of Spring Break! 😄