cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I update BIOS? First time, a little lost.

Vakturion
Level 7
I'm getting some BSOD errors "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT" and I've figured I'll update my bios to see if it helps.

I've never updated the BIOS on any motherboard before and I'm a little nervous of ruining something. I've have the motherboard since 2013 and I'm looking to get a little assistance.

I've seen the sticky " Video Guide: CAP Converter BIOS Update" above but I don't really understand what's going on in the video or the comments.

I've downloaded "Rampage-IV-Extreme-ASUS-4901.CAP" from the motherboard's page on the Asus site. I'm just confused with what I have to do with it.

I'm completely new to this so if there are some step by step instructions somewhere could I be directed there?

I'm running windows 8.1 x64 if it makes a difference.

Thanks for any help!
1 REPLY 1

taderater
Level 7
Everything you need to know is in the sticky "RIVE BIOS FLASHBACK".
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?12749-RIVE-BIOS-FlashBack/page4
Format USB FAT32. Save BIOS
. Follow instructions in the jpg. I think the bios file has to be named with a .CAP extension after bios 1404.
/showthread.php?20587-Video-Guide-CAP-Converter-BIOS-Update&
Rampage IV Extreme BE, Intel 4960X, G-Skills Ripjaws Z F3- 2133C10Q2-64GZM, 2 ADATA SX900 512 GB SSD RAID 0, 4 Kingston Hyper X 120 GB SSD RAID 0, Pioneer BDR 2207, Segate 500GB HD, WD Velociraptor 600 GB (2), HD XSPC Cooling Push Pull c/w Heatkiller 3 CPU Block, Asus GTX690 (2), Asus VG278H, Asus VS208N, Xonar Phobus, Corsair 1200AX, Win 7 Ultimate UEFI