cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Asus ROG G20] Connecting my monitor to my PC

Lekqueti
Level 7
I have bought Asus ROG G20.

My monitor is Samsung T200 Rose, and I was using a VGA connector to connect it to my old PC.

G20 does not have VGA connector, so I bought a HDMI cable. (Rose has a HDMI connector)

I do not understand where to connect the monitor via the HDMI cable.

See the image below to understand better what I mean.

http://i.imgur.com/QOkIXpU.jpg

Watch carefully the 1 and 2 markings I made.

1 and 2 look like HDMI connectors. Both of them.

If I connect my monitor via 1 I have:

Blurred graphic/text

Image is out of the screen (I only see half of the taskbar)

From nVidia options I can set the screen resolution (This still does not fix the image out of the screen problem)

At right click on desktop, I DO NOT see an option called Graphic options (as I see when I connect my monitor via 2)

I can enter BIOS by pressing Del or F2

If I connect my monitor via 2 I have"

Blurred graphic/text

Image is out of the screen (I only see half of the taskbar)

From nVidia options I CANNOT set the screen resolution (It shows an empty panel)

At right click on desktop, I DO see an option called Graphic options (as I do not see when I connect my monitor via 1)

From the Graphic Options I can change the resolution, but this does not solve the image out of the screen problem

I CANNOT enter BIOS. If I press F2 or Del my monitor will remain blank and anything that I do from now on, will result in nothing. It remains blocked like this and the only fix is to power the PC off.

Note: PC came with Win8.1 installed. They also gave me a CD with the drivers for the PC's graphic card. I installed the CD on both 1 and 2, but nothing changed.
3 REPLIES 3

toronto699
Level 13

X-ROG
Level 15
Connect it to 1 not 2.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Connect it to 1 not 2.

Hi,

I just got this pc last week. I have it in the livingroom, connected to my TV via HDMI.
I want to boot from a dvd but understood I have to change some settings in the bios for that to work (by pressing del or F2).
But I don't see any boot screen when connected via HDMI and I don't see the bios screen either when I press del or F2. It just boots into Windows and only then I see the login screen.
When I connect an external monitor to the dvi port, I see the boot screen and can get into the bios. But I don't want to use any external screen. Is there a way to use hdmi an also see the boot screen and enter the bios when connected through hdmi?