cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY windows 10?

Boaz_Beatz
Level 7
will the drivers on the support page work for windows 10?
19 REPLIES 19

xdr
Level 7
I have the technical preview running on my G751JY. I had to manually install a couple of drivers but they all work well.

Boaz_Beatz
Level 7
do you see any performance gains?

xdr
Level 7
It's running smoother then 8.1, but it's just a technical preview. Besides every time I try to access from 10 the drive with 8.1 on it it gives me a BSOD.
I'm waiting for at least a RC2 version before I can say its better or not.

The best thing so far about W10 is the price 😉

JasenDoe
Level 7
If you have windows 7, 8 or 8.1, you will be able to upgrade for free to windows 10, that is AWESOME!

But the best thing about windows 10...is the new directX 12..... it's going to boost gaming to another level !

ReDFoX2200
Level 7
Nvidia today release windows 10 beta drivers, if someone gave them a try please update how they perform 🙂

AQUASTEVAE
Level 8
i disagree with xdr. i have been using windows ten for a while now, and it is a hundred times better than windows 8.1. it is smoother, faster, and has a lot better features. just right clicking on the start menu alone gets it my vote, with all the options that are there. then the start menu itself is sooooo much better. then there is built in virtual desktops, with very nice features for switching and setting them up. and this is just a preview. it keeps getting better and better. then they've added cortana, which is huge. there are too many features to name all of them, but it is well worth the effort to try it. i dual boot it with win 7 ult x64 as my other os. i have been using the new nvidia video driver since it came out near the start of the month, and it is very nice. i am running my screen at 95hz, and it is buttery smooth. no problems with the driver thus far.
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11

hexaae
Level 12
Sure we will be able to upgrade for free, I mean all OEMs can, right?
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

all windows 7and 8 can, within the first year.
CoolerMaster Maker 5T - ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME - 65-inch UHD 4k SAMSUNG Q8FN - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - NZXT Kraken X72 - 10 SIRIUS LOOP/NZXT RGB Case Fans W/ HUE+ - Gigabyte AORUS 1080 TI EXTREME - 64GB GSkill TRIDENTZ NEO 3600Mhz DDR4 - 3X XPG GAMMIX S70 2TB NVMe SSD'S- 2X CORSAIR FORCE MP600 NVMe SSD'S - WD BLUE 8TB HDD - Logitech wireless KRAFT advanced keyboard - Logitech M570 wireless trackball - Dual booting WIN 11

BeardNinja
Level 7
I'm running windows 10 on my G751JY and loving it. Even as an early build it is by far the best OS that windows has released and I am excited to see the finished product.

However, there are a number of issues that I have come across;

1/ touchpad buttons do no work,
2/ no keyboard hotkeys (shadowplay, steam, macro, or gaming center)
3/ Frequently when opening up the lid after hibernating, the keyboard will not work, I am required to do a full reboot to get the keyboard back. (Perhaps it's helpful to note that the key keyboard lights won't illuminate.)
4/ Not unique to windows 10, as this happened on 8.1 as well, sometimes when I open the lid after hibernation, the screen will not come on. Sometimes it will come on if I open and close a few times, but usually I need to reboot.

If anyone has any pointers or links to helpful advice, much appreciated.

Has there really been no one else running into these bugs?