cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't stabilize FX8350 at 4.7ghz

KTflash
Level 7
Hello everyone! I have the crosshair v formula-z and the fx8350 water cooled by a corsair h105 in push/pull.I also have the Corsair RM1000 psu. I'm currently at 1.343750 volts at 4.6ghz but i have not been able to go higher even when adding voltage. I do not have the extra 4 pin power connector plugged in on the mobo because i assume i do not need it. I'm kind of stuck at this point and not sure what to do. I was following Jayz Two Cents video on overclocking the fx 8350 but now i'm stuck. Any help would be great! Thanks! 😄

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckeAmnDeTk overclock video
5 REPLIES 5

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Plug in that 4pin to give your OC better stability

KTflash
Level 7
ok i will give that shot. Thanks!

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi KTflash
For higher OCs LLC set to high or ultra high can help stabilize, but watch your temps.
CPU current capability to 110-120% can also help.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MT LLC is set to ultra high and current is set at 120. I will try to overclock tonight when i get home from work. I also discovered my RAM timings were off and set to auto so i adjusted that. They were set to 11 11 11 24 and my timings are 9 10 9 27. I did plug in the extra 4 pin cable as well. Hoping for the best! Thanks guys!

KTflash
Level 7
i tried overlcocking to 4.7ghz at 1.45 volts and my computer froze along with a core showing a hardware failure. The temp was 59C at the time of failure. I think i will just stick with a 4.6ghz overclock.