New ROGer Array

The First post is always a problem guy

^ Yep that's me, being that guy.

So hello forum! This is my first post here, but it comes with a cost. I have just built a new PC and put it all together. For the most part everything is running just peachy. But I'm having a quirky little issue, and I'm not too sure what to do about it. I figured you all may be able to help me, or at least point me in the right direction. So let me get started:

I am currently running a single ASUS Matrix GTX 980 w/ an i5 4690K Devil's Canyon. I like to play BF4 from time to time, and so far it's running in ultra like a champ. But what I've noticed is this. If I boot my PC and play BF4 it runs flawless, my 980's LED display is in the red, so it's working hard, but the game is showing all the fruits of the 980's labor.

Now if I take a break, and then reboot BF4 say 30 minutes + later, I notice extremely decreased performance. I can also see through the window of my case that the 980's LED display is only in the yellow. This leads me to believe that either the program isn't pulling all that it needs from the GPU, or the GPU is failing to push all it needs out to the program. But it's strange, because I've noticed if I restart the problem is resolved. However I'd really love to not have to restart my computer everytime I want to play BF4 again, I'm sure you all could understand. If there's any further information that you all would need from me just shoot me a message or drop it in here, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I appreciate any of the incoming help, and hope to see you guys on here! - Tom

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

1. Can you list your complete system specifications for me?

2. Also does this happen in single player or multiplayer?

3. While you're not playing, are you doing something else? Or do you put your system to sleep?

4. Are you running the latest NVIDIA drivers?

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

Are you using GeForce Experience?
    Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me