cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG GL551JM-DH71 white screen

Joniec92
Level 7
Hello,
I just got new ASUS ROG GL551JM-DH71 I have it for 2 days, and already there is a problem with the screen. Sometimes after launching computer, instead of system set up screen there is a white screen. Also when Im not using computer for longer time more than 30 minutes(computer is sleeping) Im moving the mouse or pushing the button and I can see white screen again instead of log in window. After 1/2 restarts computer is working normally, and the screen is loading. Today when I turned on computer it happened again, but there were little stripes on a right side; again restart and everything is working normally. What might cause this problem? Should I send back this computer to service?
4 REPLIES 4

NitroX
Level 10
Try reinstalling the video driver to see if it causes any issues. Maybe try installing another version which you know that it worked correctly before. It may also be a hardware issue but first I advise you to check for the software problems.

If you still are in the 30days return period then you should hurry up because it may be better to go for a return and exchange than for a repair in the service. The repair might take longer than the exchange. We'll keep advising you while you are cutting down the software issues.

Joniec92
Level 7
I have reinstalled the whole system with drivers and everything. All drivers are up to date. Anyway there should not be those lines on the screen. I think that screen is defected or connection between motherboard is not durable. I dont know Im planing of giving back this computer. And getting other one

Uhm, we cannot see the video as it is under Private label. Put it on Public or Unlisted so we can see it.

As for your problem, you are not the first with a possible cable connection issue between the motherboard and the display. I recommed that you call/email the service guys and tell them about this problem. Or, you can even go for a return&exchange since you only bought it like 1 week ago . It is your choice now, since I do believe that it is a hardware issue. See what the service guys tell you. If they will tell you to bring the laptop in service for repair then tell them F.U. and go to the reseller to exchange the laptop for a new one. This because the repair could take more than 3 weeks to be solved.