cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX-tz238V freezing up in DOS !

Retired
Not applicable
Hi,

Are here other people who have freezing problems? I bought this laptop last thursday, this thing is hanging random between 1-2 times in 2 hour, so i did a memory test with memtestx86+ 4.20, guess what, laptop even hangs in DOS mode !
Also when i unplug the powercable after a full loaded battery, the system does a poweroff instantly !
Are there other people here who have the same problems?

Thanks in advance.
14 REPLIES 14

JRd1st
Level 12
I'd say lag is sort of like freezing, wouldn't you? Read the stickies. 😉 But do this first. http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?5126-Any-Kind-of-Lag-and-Atheros-WiFi-Card
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Thanks for the tip JRd1st ! I doubt that this would fix the freezing in DOS...not that i need DOS 🙂

battledj wrote:
Thanks for the tip JRd1st ! I doubt that this would fix the freezing in DOS...not that i need DOS 🙂

DOS? What am I missing. I'm telling you that wifi driver is a real troublemaker... 😉

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

dstrakele
Level 14
Since you just purchased this laptop, I would call your retailer and see if they will exchange it for a new one.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Retired
Not applicable
I hope they give me a new one...and not the blahblah we have to send it back to Asus...

fixitchris
Level 7
How does it hang in windows? does it just freeze? Are there any memory dumps in c:\windows\minidump? Try disabling everything you can in BIOS, does it still happen?
G74SX-A1
BIOS: NONE | VGA: 560M @ 311.00 | WIFI: AR9002WB-1NG @ 9.2.0.458 | LAN: Realtek PCIe BGE @ 7.37.1229.2010 | Synaptic: 15.3.43.0 | Audio: Realtek @ 6.0.1.6564
Chipset: 9.3.0.1019 | P4G: 1.1.48 | Wireless Console : 3.0.27

Retired
Not applicable
Your playing and suddenly the computer is hanging and "half-second sound" is very rappidly repeating until i shutdown the pc, or when i unplug the power cord the light goes directly out ! (even with full charged battery). no memory dumps found in minidump.

Retired
Not applicable
posted a video here: http://www.4shared.com/folder/UYjiwT1t/_online.html choose download.

JRd1st
Level 12
Would you just update that WiFi driver! http://www.asusrog.com/forums/showthread.php?5224-New-Drivers

In DOS mode, the windows drivers are still running. So a bad driver that causes lag and freezes even when it isn't doing anything useful, would still effect the hardware, wouldn't it?

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com