cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front Base Support/Help

MatG
Level 9
Hello, i need help updating the software/driver for my ROG Front Base.

The two latest updates won't install. When i try to install, the "installshield window" just hangs.

ROG Front Base Driver Version 1.01.06 installs fine, but does not support my ASUS ROG Extreme V x99 Motherboard.

ROG Front Base Driver Version 1.01.11 and Version 1.01.12 hangs when i try to install..

Got latest "AI Suite III" and "Realtek Audio V6.0.1.7255" installed.

I think it's sad to see the lack of support on this product and really need to see some official ASUS ROG supporters on this, please!
41 REPLIES 41

Deon017
Level 8
Have you updated your MB Bios?

Deon017 wrote:
Have you updated your MB Bios?

I'm running BIOS v.1001 - That is the most stable version for now, in my oppinion.
I have no intention in updating to BIOS v. 1103 or 1201 because of the feedback in this forum on these versions, are not very good

Chino wrote:
Did you follow this Front Base Upgrade Guide For Maximus VII Motherboard Owners to the letter?

I have checked my Front Base and there is a sticker 🙂

My problem is not updating the Front Base, but updating the software/driver for it 😉
(sorry my mistake, i will change the text in first post)

Deon017
Level 8
Have you right clicked and install as administrator? I have found this on some Asus software.

Deon017 wrote:
Have you right clicked and install as administrator? I have found this on some Asus software.

Yes i have and it doesn't change anything. Still freeze the Installshield application

MatG wrote:
Yes i have and it doesn't change anything. Still freeze the Installshield application

I had the same exact issue with Win10 driver on a fresh install
Installed ROGCOnnectPlus and reboot because I thought it was a pre-requisite

then On FrontBase driver install itself,
- I don't know the drawback for this method -

Launch the Setup program ( either the Asus one or the Setup.exe)
Wait it hang
Go in task manager and you should find one of the program in "background tasks"
- can't remeber if that was "axIns" or "aaHMIns"
Right click and terminate the program

Right after this, setup continued,and my Front Base displays correctly CPU speed now
I even installed AI3 right after with no issues

Didn't work for me 😞

Deon017
Level 8
I don't know, but previous versions you had too update the firmware on your motherboard? you can always try that and revert back if it does not work