Power SupplyEVGA 1200 P2
    Keyboard Deck 87 Francium PRO - MX Brown DS PBT
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad Steeseries QCK
    Headset/Speakers CREATIVE T5900 5.1
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903
    Accessory #1 iPhone SE Space Grey
    Accessory #2 EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass PWM + CoolstreamPE 360
    Accessory #3 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3 (radiator)

I'm sorry to hear for your troubles with Front Base, I just search for information how Front Base work as fan controller.
    Is it good option for 4 fans or fan controllers are better. I didn't thought about some expensive Lamptron fan controllers,
    only is it reliable and easy for use. In my case I have exactly place for OC Panel and Front Base in DVD-RW bay.

New ROGer Array

Anyone managed to solve this issue or know how. I just bought Maximus VII HERO Motherboard and Fornt Base. I updated MB bios no problem and I downloaded drivers and bios for Front Panel, but when I click on setup.exe it just freeze and does nothing.

Do I need to run it when Front Base is connected via ROG_EXT or via USB 2.0?

Please help. That is quite expensive tool and I am amazed how ASUS made it hard to use with their new MBs (

ROG Enthusiast Array

Installed new BIOS and I have lost the "edit" function on my ROG front base and the CPU Frequency read out no longer works.

ASUS really need to get this temperamental unit sorted, numerous posts here and on various other forums all with the same issue and nothing from ASUS to address it.
    Last edited by hellboy99; 08-05-2015 at 08:36 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

This panel is doing my head in now, can't get it to fully function at all now since upgrading to BIOS 2801. No matter what BIOS I rollback to, or firmware/software/driver versions for the panel it will not work 100%.

I'm having the same problem. My Front Base has a sticker on the back of the LCD but when i run the driver installation, it just freezes (and stays frozen forever) on 3 processes:

iKernel.exe
    -> aaHMIns.exe
    --> conhost.exe

My mobo is Maximum VII Formula, I'm running Windows 8.1 SP1 and my account has administrator privileges.

Oddly, the front of the LCD always says "USB" even when connected to the ROG and AAFP ports.
    Last edited by Ruok2bu; 08-08-2015 at 07:00 PM.

I figured it out!

Here's exactly what i did:

- Unplugged all the ROG Front Base wires from the Unit itself and the motherboard.
    - Plugged them back in and checked (with flashlight) they were securely plugged in.
    - Installed the oldest version of the software (Version 1.01.06) but instead of using the AsusSetup.exe in the main directory, i first installed "ROGConnectPlus", restarted and then installed "FrontBase" and restarted again.

P.S. My version has a v44 sticker, so instead of doing the USB connection like others have pointed out on this forum, i simply connected the AAFP and ROG plugs into the motherboard.
    Last edited by Ruok2bu; 08-09-2015 at 01:34 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ruok2bu View Post
    I figured it out!

- Unplugged all the ROG Front Base wires from the Unit itself and the motherboard.
    - Plugged them back in and checked (with flashlight) they were securely plugged in.
    - Installed the oldest version of the software (Version 1.01.06) but instead of using the AsusSetup.exe in the main directory, i first installed "ROGConnectPlus", restarted and then installed "FrontBase" and restarted again.

P.S. My version has a v44 sticker, so instead of doing the USB connection like others have pointed out on this forum, i simply connected the AAFP and ROG plugs into the motherboard.

Did this work for you? +Rep me.
    Hasn't worked for me, CPU still reading 0.000, rest working ok. Thanks though.

ROG Enthusiast Array

To all of you that have had and still are having issues with the ASUS Front Base unit, judging by the responses I've been getting back from ASUS Tech Support it's not going to be addressed anytime soon/they couldn't be bothered.

I have explained the numerous issues I've experienced with this unit to Tech Support and have been in touch with them on numerous occasions since 01/10/2015 right up to today, 11/08/2015. The Front Base works with some MB BIOS and not with others, have had to use various/strange combinations of BIOS and firmware/software/drivers for the Front Base, I had it/got it eventually working with Win 8.1, worked fine with no issues with the numerous technical preview versions of Win 10, worked fine with the official release Win 10 until I upgraded the MB BIOS to 2801.

This is the latest reply I received from ASUS Tech Support:

Please test the Front Base on a fresh Windows 8.1 with the drivers that are available on the Official ASUS support page.

Even if the device worked previously on a Windows 10 we cannot recommend it as this product is not recognized officially at this point in time as being compatible with Windows 10.

If you feel the Front Base is not working within the official specifications on the official ASUS website I would recommend returning it to your retailer for a refund or replacement within warranty.

Best Regards,

ASUS Technical Support
    No mention what so ever that we are looking into the issue or that they are working on official Win 10 support. I will never buy another ASUS product!

ROG Enthusiast Array

I really do think now at this stage Asus couldn't be bothered with looking into this issue, here's the latest reply from them:

Unfortunately these are the limitations for the ROG Front Base at the present time.

I'm glad to hear the Front Base worked on Windows 10 with BIOS version 2601 however it was never designed to in the first place.

As soon as new drivers, firmware, software or BIOS will be developed to grant full compatibility with the new Windows 10 OS they will be posted on the Official Support Page of the ROG Front Base.

Unfortunately at this time we do not have a time-frame on when that will be.

Best Regards,

ASUS Technical Support
    Regardless of Windows 10, what about it not working right on Windows 8 and 7?

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ruok2bu View Post
    I figured it out!

WOW
    Thank's man
    I try over 2 days to find out and u save me !!!
    Tnx again

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast