cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GR20-AJ - Can Someone Please Tell Me How Do I Access the Boot Menu On Start-UP ?

hawki
Level 7
Hi:-)

Can someone please tell me how to access the boot menu on a G20AJ-B09?

All I see on start-up is an option to enter the BIOS.

I'm "old-school" and I am used to seeing "Press F12 to enter Boot Menu."

I tried holding down ESC through a restart but that did not work for me.

If I turn off the power and press ESC on start up will that show the Boot Menu.

I do not use "fast start" with 8.1, so shutting down totally turns the power off. But fast start does not effect "Restart"
9 REPLIES 9

hawki
Level 7
Ah. Cmon, Someone has to know how to do this 🙂 If you have a GR20aj and don't know how to acces the boot menu you might have a useless PC one day.

hawki wrote:
Ah. Cmon, Someone has to know how to do this 🙂 If you have a GR20aj and don't know how to acces the boot menu you might have a useless PC one day.

F2 will open the menu
Asus ROG PG348Q Black 34" 3440 x 1440, 100Hz Curved IPS G-Sync 21:9 WQHD Gaming Monitor
2x ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition in SLI

Thanks. I thought F2 opens the BIOS.

Thanks. But I thought F2 opens the BIOS.

Sick_G20
Level 7
you can also access it through asus command under tools/ai booting.

Sounds ok if your PC boots up. Im talking about how to boot from recovery drive if you can't boot. It used to be F12 on Windows 8.

Sick_G20
Level 7
pretty sure its in the bios if you can get there..

hawki
Level 7
Thanks Slick 🙂 But I couldn't find anything in the BIOS that I thought could do that - not that familiar with BIOS Stuff...Really don't know enough and was always afraid to mess with the BIOS.

But in another thread I just learned that by pressing F9 on start-up opens The Windows Trouble Shoot Menu, from which you can do a system restore,reset, refresh which basically is the equivalent of what I was looking for....What to do when your system won't boot into Wiindows.

With the computer powered off, turn it on and press the F8 Key. You may have to hit it a few times during the Boot. This will get you into the Boot Menu.
. ROG Zephyrus GA401QM (Q14) Laptop, AMD Ryzen 9 5900H CPU; Nvidia RTX 3060 GPU; 24 GB DDR4 (1x8 GB, 1x16); 1 TB Samsung Pro980 M.2 SSD; Windows 10 Pro