Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Unhappy G751JT - CH71 touchpad corner coming off?

So i have this laptop for 1 week and the touchpad is starting to come off (see picture). It is really annoying when my palm comes over it because it is above the plane of the palm rest. I could try to glue it myself but i don't know with what..superglue or something else. I don't want to damage it.

I can still return it to the store (30 days after purchase). What would you do? I wouldn't want to return it because i already spent 2 days installing all the things i need. I also wouldn't want to send it in warranty for this minor thing because i fear it will come more damaged than i sent it. Either return it or attempt repair?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vm0q9wbh5...53373.jpg?dl=0
    Last edited by Rares95; 06-14-2016 at 08:58 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

My trackpad(JT model) is popping up a little on the right side near the click buttons. If I push it back down, it will stick for a few minutes then pop back up. Yours looks worse than mine though, and if I were you I would return the laptop.

That's what mine does too, it seems to get larger by the day. Anyone know what type of glue do they use? I really don't want to return it.
    Last edited by Rares95; 12-30-2014 at 10:34 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Prostar Computer's Avatar

I'm not sure of which adhesive is used. Sorry to hear you guys are both running into this. Chances are that further everyday wear-and-tear will exacerbate the issue. You will need to have Asus service it if you want it repaired instead of returned.
    We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Rares95 View Post
    That's what mine does too, it seems to get larger by the day. Anyone know what type of glue do they use? I really don't want to return it.
    It's held on with 2 sided tape. If I push down on mine a little, it will hold for a couple seconds, and then make a tiny popping noise when it releases.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi geneticweapon,

Did you mean double-sided tape? How were we able to know that it is tape that is holding down the trackpad? - just curious...

Thanks

ROG Enthusiast Array

Same issue here. I just noticed it. So now I have to ship this thing back to Asus? Who pays shipping?

Has anyone had this issue and fixed it? Please post if you have.

ROG Enthusiast Array

fabri, did you get in touch with the retailer? They'll most likely lead you through the process.

Got the same issue with my trackpad.. So annoying they can't do it right the first time.

This will be my 2 RMA after getting the G751JY .. Wish I had kept my G75VX.. It was running perfect!
    The King of the north!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by kobejumpin View Post
    fabri, did you get in touch with the retailer? They'll most likely lead you through the process.
    No.....not yet. I was really hoping someone would post up an easy fix....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast