cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge issues with brand new custom pc!!!

pcmc3
Level 7
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum but i am in need of some help. So i just hand selected every piece to my computer and i have had nothing but trouble from it and it is only 3 days old. My problem began on the very first day that i assembled the computer it would use 100% of my hard drive and run ungodly slow. Then it went on to every time i shut down the computer it comes right back on and in order to get the computer to stay off i have to shut it down 2-3 times. Now keeping in mind that all the issues are still happening i now have ran into yet another problem... The computer will now just stop working all together and just make loud noises through my speakers and give a q code of 30.. The most recent issue i had was that the screen went crazy with a bunch of green and white lines everywhere. I am running windows 8.1, crosshair formula-z mobo, g.skill trdent gddr3 2400 ram (16gb), wb 1t hard drive, asus radion r7260x vide0 card, AMD FX-9370 Vishera 8-Core 4.4GHz Socket AM3+ cpu, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 powersupply and a enermax liqutech 240 cpu cooler. If anyone has any ideas or and more information needed please let me know this ir very annoying being how much money i just spent on this system.....
10 REPLIES 10

pcmc3
Level 7
bump

geox19
Level 7
I'm having trouble understand the part about using 100% of your hard drive???

geox19 wrote:
I'm having trouble understand the part about using 100% of your hard drive???

so what i ment was if you go to task manager the disk showes 100%

rickstar2010
Level 7
hi first of all run recovery in windows and reinstall gpu driver and problem fixed

rickstar2010 wrote:
hi first of all run recovery in windows and reinstall gpu driver and problem fixed

i will try this thank you

pcmc3
Level 7
bump

toadyboy
Level 7
when u were assembling the parts did u make sure u were grounded so as to insure that no parts got electifried in the process??????

toadyboy wrote:
when u were assembling the parts did u make sure u were grounded so as to insure that no parts got electifried in the process??????

Thank you for the reply but yes i made sure i was completely grounded. So unless i have really really bad luck i dont think this could have been the issue.

bmac1191
Level 7
Did you do a fresh windows install or was this a hard drive from another system? Start with a fresh install of windows.. during installation, select custom and delete all partitions.. unselect quick format and it will do a error check of the drive.. it may take awhile.