cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice from 751JM owners to help decide between Asus G75 1JM or Acer Nitro V17

nemerdekel
Level 7
Hi,

I will try to explain myself as simple as I can:
- I'm looking for a new notebook and the following are my options (no, I don't want to spend a little more for much better performannce): - Asus G751 JM or the Acer Nitro V17 (both have the same CPU and GPU)
So my problem is the following, the Acer is light and thin, but the CPU temps on it are very bad, 96 C and losing turbo. Now I've been looking for information about the Asus G751JM and I was not able to find the right thing.
So now I'm asking for your help. Owners of 751JM please show me your temperatures, is the Turbo always on? And I would also like to hear your other experiences with this notebook. I do know about the sound problems but they don't really bother me.

I'm really sorry for making a messy and gramatically incorrect post, I'm trying to do my best.
Thank you very much for your time to read this and I appreciate your help.

Have a wonderful day,
Zoltan
Laptop: G751JL
Processor: i7-4750HQ
Graphics Card: GTX 965M
Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)
7 REPLIES 7

nemerdekel
Level 7
So, I read almost all the posts here, found out that the 751JY also has thermal issues, not as severe as the Acer but still... much bigger notebook... I'm not happy to hear this. What about the JM? same thing?

superivansote
Level 7
the model you are looking for has the same design as mine therefore be quite similar in the way it works, except for the graphics card I have the gtx 970 and your model have gtx 860m.
the processor is maintained at temperatures of 65 degrees Celsius at the time of playing, if you are using programs this temperatura will be lower than games therefore it will remain cooler, the asus heat dissipation compared to others is one of the best on the market.

acer model you mention is lighter but over time its components begin to deteriorate because it doesnt have a good heat dissipation.
both models are able to work quite fast but with this hacer model and other thin models will have problems with heat in the future
acer is thinner (thin = heat)
asus model is thicker and heavier but I will keep your computer in good condition when you are working or gaming, the weight of this model is around 5kg also its dimensions are bigger than just the size of the 17-inch screen (bigger = heavier = less heat=more life time)
I personally have the asus model g751jt and I'm really happy, I can do many things besides play pc games with the computer
the computer as such is able to give you the feeling of having a desktop computer, but like a portable device

good day

superivansote wrote:
the model you are looking for has the same design as mine therefore be quite similar in the way it works, except for the graphics card I have the gtx 970 and your model have gtx 860m.
the processor is maintained at temperatures of 65 degrees Celsius at the time of playing, if you are using programs this temperatura will be lower than games therefore it will remain cooler, the asus heat dissipation compared to others is one of the best on the market.

acer model you mention is lighter but over time its components begin to deteriorate because it doesnt have a good heat dissipation.
both models are able to work quite fast but with this hacer model and other thin models will have problems with heat in the future
acer is thinner (thin = heat)
asus model is thicker and heavier but I will keep your computer in good condition when you are working or gaming, the weight of this model is around 5kg also its dimensions are bigger than just the size of the 17-inch screen (bigger = heavier = less heat=more life time)
I personally have the asus model g751jt and I'm really happy, I can do many things besides play pc games with the computer
the computer as such is able to give you the feeling of having a desktop computer, but like a portable device

good day

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that you took your time to reply. I will buy the G751 next month, still have to see how my budget will be and I will pick the model with GTX 860 or 970. Have a wonderful day.

mdzcpa
Level 12
I would be curious to see what "thermal issues" you are saying the G751 has. As of today, the G751 is pretty much one of the coolest running high end laptops on the planet. What are you referring to? I hope your not drawing a broad conclusion from one or two posts here on the forum. The bulk of user experience along with every review published has the G751 series as the coolest and quietest on the market.

Yes, I was assuming this by reading the posts here on the forums. I didn't have the chance to test one myself or to speak with some1 who has it. That's why I made this thread, and I'm really thankful for the feedback you guys provide here. Now I know more and I have much more 'confidence' in the G751.

Rares95
Level 8
Omg acer!

OCFreak
Level 7
Most modern laptops hits 90C with intel quadcore CPUs. My G751JT hits around 85C when gaming and 90C under stress test. GTX970M GPU is only about 65C when gaming, and 75C under stresstest.

I will measure temps when playing guild wars 2 later, it's one unusually demanding game for the CPU, causing higher CPU temps than most other games.