Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quick FYI, I was speaking with one of the online EK retailers recently... and there's a reason he doesn't carry their product anymore. Just sayin'

I have their product in my rig, and may be switching.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Ominous but there a reason/story etc?

Any proof or particular models?

Not trying to harp but I can't take advice from someone not established here on this forum especially in a vague comment without verification or some type of proof.

What online retailer?

Etc
    Last edited by Fangren; 03-05-2015 at 03:23 AM.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Antronman's Avatar

You're making a mistake. You're wasting money on a platform that has nothing to offer you.

RAM hasn't made any strides in real world applications. Not since DDR2.

There's very few games taking advantage of multi-threading right now. Even new ones.

There's no graphics card setups that will take advantage of the PCIe lanes right now.

PCIe 4.0 will be out in a couple of years.

Really, you're wasting money on a platform that has nothing to offer to you in particular. Sure, it's a great platform. But it is a step in the wrong direction. I mean, would you rather have a very good build, or a build that is very good at what you need it to do? And isn't the latter better?
    Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion
    Through passion, I gain strength
    Through strength, I gain victory
    Through victory, my chains are broken
    The Republic of Gamers shall free me

ROG Enthusiast Array

Whether or not it is a mistake it is done. Could I have saved money on x97 build? Yes. However I chose this generation because of what this particular motherboard offers. M.2 the wireless/wired LAN, keep in mind the prices listed on my build list are not what I paid. I paid under $400 for my R5E.

While I appreciate the advice, I don't want flak about my choices.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Whooo returning Motherboard for supposed defective CPU socket. Continuous red LEd for CPU. Asus support recommended reseating and checking for pins. everything else is "running" however no boot or video signal just the solid Red LED for CPU.

Already ordered a new RVE to continue.

Also new Monitor. Asus vg248qe

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array

If you do not like the Haswell E,Skylake E is scheduled out be out in Q1 2016 and it will be the same socket. Just a thought

ROG Enthusiast Array

Something to consider, I've never really overclockef anything before so since I'm jumping from 775 core 2 quad to 2011 v3 i7 I don't think I will complain. I will enjoy that the potential for upgrades down the road. Thanks.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Alright. I definitely could use some help. Plug everything in, bolt it down and no boot. Graphics slot one led not lit, 2 and 3 solid, 4 flashing. CPU led lit solid. No signal output on video card.

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

What QCODE do you see on the DEBUG LED? And look beside the 24 pin power connectors for me. See if any of the 4 QLEDs remain lit.

ROG Enthusiast Array

the Debug led stays at 00, CPU LED remains lit

Asus support says bad processor, i did buy it through amazon warehouse deals and it came in mail sloppy packing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast