cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very strange problem with new G750JS

dzigi
Level 7
Hello, i have purchased g750js several days ago and i'm having some strange issues with it.
There is no easy and short explanation for it. I use instant on and when i unplug it from the power brick and use it on battery power all is fine but when i want to plug it in the outlet it simply stays on battery power (the led doesn't light on) untill i unplug the charger from the outlet and replug it again, and than everything is well, it resumes to work from the outlet. I first assumed it's instant on's fault, i uninstaled it, than i uninstalled usb charger+, same thing. Than i changed the power outlet still the problem persisted. I shut it down completly (to eliminate windows from the problem) and left it on battery still same thing. If i plug it after a short period (15 mins or so) it works, if i leave it for awhile it doesn't and i have to unplug the charger from the wall and plug it again. Also i have just noticed, if i unplug the charger several times, and than plug it right back in aafter a random number, let's say 7-8 times it does the same. I really don't know what is the problem. Is it the power brick's fault (not holding on sufficient current) is it the notebook... I really don't know, it a shame for a expencive piece of electronics to behave like this.

Can someone please help me, what can be the problem, the laptop the charger....i have just spent 3 days on installing and tweaking and i have noticed the problem later on. :s
2 REPLIES 2

TulnukaWara
Level 7
Hi, i have the same problem. But no answer. So i tought maybe its some power efficent thing. That the unconnected power brick is turning itself off or something.

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Honestly, it could be either one (the adapter or the circuit on the motherboard). You could try a new adapter first, but if that does not work, the laptop will probably need serviced.

For now, disconnect the battery and adapter while the laptop is powered off, hold the power button for 5 seconds after doing so, and then reconnect your battery and charger, then test for the problem again. Perhaps this power cycle and/or reseating the battery will help.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!