cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

front 3.0 usb not working - Asus m5a97 rev 2.0

bluecracy
Level 7
Hi all, this is my first post, I write you from Italy so I'm already sorry for my bad english. BTW, this is the problem. I've just bought this motherboard and I've linked all as well. My rear usb's are working perfectly , even the 3.0 one's, but the front one one my case, is not working.
On my case there are 3 usb ports , 2x2.0 and 1x3.0, the first 2 works fine, I've problem only with this so I'm thinking about a cable problem or a MB pin problem..
ANy idea?
thanks a lot
2 REPLIES 2

Xenocrates
Level 7
My thought is that you may have either plugged the USB 3.0 cable into the wrong spot (the one from the front panel IO to the headers on the mobo), or else did not connect it, as usually it has it's own seperate connection from the rest of the front panel IO. It may also be that the board for the socket in the case is damaged, which is also potentially a quick easy fix, so long as you are confident with a soldering iron. It may of course be the board or the cable, but if the board is functioning properly, it doesn't seem like it would be, and if it's a cable problem, it still means replacing the circuit board which carries the socket, and you'll have to get with your case manufacturer to do that.

Thanks for the reply. Well, I know that the 3.0 header is different from the 2.0 one. I think that maybe one of the header pin is broken or bent. It's a cheap case, so if it's a case board problem, I'll try a mod to mount a new one..