cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about no Armor.

Evo
Level 7
Hey there!

Did read a bad review on one of my retailers that the price is too high without even using armor on the board.

After some secounds of thinking I thought it is due to the read out points? I'm not into volt or w/e you can read from your motherboard but if I remember right, these locations exist on the Rampage V Extreme.

Am I right or not? To be honest, I would have liked some Armor on that board as well since I've seen how awesome they can look on the Z97 Sabertooth.
3 REPLIES 3

Raja
Level 13
Armour is for Sabertooth, Gryphon and Maximus Formula only. Not for Extreme. The Extreme boards are over-engineered so cost more than the other boards even without armour. There are no plans at this stage to add armour to the Rampage Extreme boards as that would increase their cost even further. A lot of the over-engineering on these boards is for the benchmarking fanatics that use Ln2 cooling. They do not need armour or see any value in it like you do.

Evo
Level 7
I actually just went with the Rampage V Extreme since it is the only RoG X99 Board you guys currently offer :p. But thanks for explaining.

Chino
Level 15