cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V formula-z error code ff 10 0C ff

adriants
Level 7
Hey all im pretty new to this forum and just bought crosshair V formula-Z motherboard.
I have everything plugged into the system but it wont boot, showing FF 10 0C FF then shuts off by itself.
Currently using xfx 750W psu, fx 9590 cpu, r9 290x gpu. should be nothing wrong with the psu and ram as it worked with my
previous setup. Also checked ram compability and its fine.

been working on this problem for 13 hours straight with no result.
10 REPLIES 10

adriants
Level 7
i've also tried updating to the newest bios using usb flashback

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi adriants and Welcome to ROG
Your post (power on self test) is finding a fault with one or more hardware components. It can be one of many things.
To start with, please fill out your full system specs in your profile.

I have a fault finding procedure should this continue, however it will be easier to locate and advise on, once we know what your system consists off.
Qcode 10 could be CPU. Do you have both 8pin and 4pin sockets occupied on MB?
Please report back and we can take it from there.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

full system specs:
cpu: amd fx9590 with corsair watercooler
motherboard: crosshair v formula z
power supply: xfx pro750 watt bronze
ssd: samsung MZ-7TD250 and 1 other hdd
RAM: corsair vengeance 2x8gb CML16GX3M2A 1600C10
G.Skill RIpjaws 2x2gb F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL
GPU: asus radeon r9 290x directCU II OC

the 8 pin is occupied, but my psu does not have the 4 pin connector to plug it into.

bought the cpu brand new and took the cpu out to check all the pins and cpu placement just in case i missplaced it,
inserted back in and still got the same error code

should be nothing wrong with my ssd, hdd, ram, water cooling and psu since i've used it just yesterday for my previous setup. the gpu, cpu and mb i just bought are brand new.

when i turn up the system, all the fans are running, even the cpu water cooling fan.

i've tried taking out all the components and just left with cpu, still got the same code problem

cpu is working since it gets pretty warm, when i took it out.

dram flashes once when i power up the system and flashes once more before it turns off by itself

DemolitionManHD
Level 7
4 pin needs connecting to supply the require power for the CPU. I believe you will find that when the CPU turbo cores up the required power cannot be supplied and could switch off as the VRM cannot regulate the power. I would say the AI suite should tell you this.
Corsair 760T
Asus Formula Z
AMD FX 9370
Corsair H110
Kinston Beast 2400Mhz 2x8GB
Sapphire Vapor-X 290X 8GB
5xSandisk Ultra II 120GB
EVGA Supernova G2 1000
Benq BL3200BT 32" QHD
Corsair K70
Corsair M65
Corsair H2100

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi adriants
Which of the Corsair coolers are you using? Anything less than H105 and you can have problems.
Regarding a 4pin cable, You can very often split apart an 8pin plug and tie the other half back. It will be essential if you want to OC and helps with stability. If not, you will have to buy one which are easily available.

Your DIMMs, neither the Corsair or G.Skill, are listed on the ASUS QVL, so they may or may not work.
Try with just one DIMM in first slot to test and try switching around. You may have to test using Memtest86+ to eliminate that possibility.
If these things once checked, do not find the fault, You will have to remove the MB and benchtest your system outside your case, incase your MB standoffs are shorting. Should it come to that, I can give you the fault finding procedure. One step at a time and adding one component at a time.
At each startup, make sure to observe your Qcode to see if any changes and report them.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

adriants
Level 7
thanks for the help, its one of the screws thats shorting the mb, took it out the case and it worked perfectly

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi adriants and that's good news, Glad you got it sorted.

My System Specs:

CPU:

[/HR]

DemolitionManHD
Level 7
Which screw?
Corsair 760T
Asus Formula Z
AMD FX 9370
Corsair H110
Kinston Beast 2400Mhz 2x8GB
Sapphire Vapor-X 290X 8GB
5xSandisk Ultra II 120GB
EVGA Supernova G2 1000
Benq BL3200BT 32" QHD
Corsair K70
Corsair M65
Corsair H2100

Wish adriants had responded to your question DemolitionManHD. I've had this problem after getting a replacement mobo and updating to the 2201 bios. Haven't run the machine but a few days however, and updated the bios immediately in order to stay current....after researching it a bit before firing up the CVFZ that is. I'd love to know what the fix is before I end up having to return the current replacement mobo. Have checked all hardware, and can find no flaws. I can reboot after removing the battery (old school method) and completely clearing the CMOS. However, this forces me to remove one of my graphics cards, and after getting the system up and running again, it's "testy", or temperamental you might say, in that if I reboot, or shut down for "any" reason, I run the risk of starting the procedure all over again. This is somewhat futile, so I wish someone (such as Asus themselves) would come up with a fix before I have to take this rig apart again. I'd say having to return the mobo again is "strike 3" in my book, and warrants full purchase refund. NewEgg will most likely agree. Wish this didn't have to happen though, so if someone has a cure, please speak up asap.
Crosshair V Formula-Z/AMD FX-8350 Black Vishera @ 4.6Ghz/G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2X8GB)-2400Mhz/Twin SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 270X 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 @ 1100-1450 clocks/Twin Crucial M550 128Gb SSD's-1 WD Se WD 1TB 128MB Cache-3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive/CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Water Cooling-push/pull 4 X 120mmFans/RAIDMAX RX-1000AE SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD-Modular PSU/2 X ASUS Blu-ray Burners/Asus LED VE278H/Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced W-Fan Mods