cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im leaving the ROG Community / Horrible Service/support from Asus

Red-Tide
Level 7
Hey guys

I know I dont have a ton of posts but I have been frequenting this site since I decided upon my ROG 22 months ago. However, I feel I have to share my experience and the lack of support and crap that Asus is making me endure over a lemon of a laptop.

My machine has been into the service depot 4 times in 11 months for a bizarre cold boot issue. Basically, I close the lid and upon re-opening it sometime later the LEDS all flash and the machine goes dark. Reset protocol does not work, multiple phone calls to support/ multiple live chats and finally it goes in. First time, they reload OS and send back. Machine works for 8 more months, then it dies with identical issue. I send it again with a request for it to be thoroughly tested, I get it back with ZERO info other than the OS has been reloaded. SO at this point I am annoyed but I work past it and re-install and reload all my stuff and games and whatnot (which as you all know is not a 30 min process). Finally get it back to where I need it and it dies again 3 weeks later, same issue. I send it again, this time escalating it and am told more will be done and this problem will be resolved on this cycle of ship and repair.

I got it back yesterday and the machine is DOA. I plug it in and low and behold, the same thing happens AGAIN. LEDS flash and machine goes dead. This started whilst still under warranty and has continued since. I have asked multiple times for the hardware to be thoroughly tested and some components replaced as this constant reloading of the OS does nothing more than INFURIATE me. Asus escalation guy then said he would work towards an alternate solution if this occurred again,so I emailed him after receiving my non-functioning laptop and am told to send it back to the depot and they will finally start changing components. I don't know about you guys but this is crap. NOW they are willing to look at? After 4 trips, almost $300 in shipping charges, countless hours spent reloading/troubleshooting, repeated requests to actually find the issue and honestly, I am done. I cant do this anymore, I have no faith in this machine or Asus Support. I feel as though I was repeatedly misled and strung along and now I being told to do more of the same dog and pony show. I just want a functioning laptop, I dont want to fight with ASUS, I just want my $1600 worth of functioning product.

I guess my real reason for posting is hoping that someone from ASUS support will see this and help me out to a different resolution. When my ROG worked it was awesome and I loved it. Now it is a paperweight and Asus has let me down.

Am I being unreasonable to expect a different resolution? What would you guys expect of Asus?
15 REPLIES 15

Retired
Not applicable
Well, that's the awesome place North America is. This couldn't happen in Europe. I feel really sorry for you.

Red-Tide
Level 7
Octopuss - Do you feel I am being unreasonable in requesting a replacement unit? Are my expectations out of line here?

Retired
Not applicable
Red-Tide wrote:
Octopuss - Do you feel I am being unreasonable in requesting a replacement unit? Are my expectations out of line here?

You should be demanding your money back because the product you bought and had "repaired" several times is still broken.
In Europe - or my country at least - if you RMA the same problem 3 times, you are automatically eliglible for getting your money back, no questions. I hope you are able to do the same thing.

Nate152
Hello Red-Tide

Sorry to hear you're having a bad experience with your laptop.

PM cl-Albert he is good with getting problems like yours solved.

Red-Tide
Level 7
Nate152 - thanks for the tip! What do you mean getting them solved? Helping with fixing the issue myself or is he with Asus and can help me in that sense?

Thanks

RT

Nate152
Yes he is with the asus rma department and deals with the ROG laptops, get in touch with him.

Red-Tide
Level 7
Thanks again Nate152 - I messaged him and hope to hear back soon!

Nate152
He will get back to you as soon as he gets your message. He may not be online at the moment but he will respond.

Keep an eye out on this thread or your inbox.

zeussalmighty
Level 7
Why don't you explain your issues to the support call centre and tell them you've lost all faith in this model and want a different model or a refund to purchase something else. They may escalate it internally and make you happy! I've had good outcomes of other brands when a justifiable case has been raised.

Full refund of Acer.
Brand New upgraded replacement from HP.

(For note this was in the UK, but most calls start at international call centres)

Good customer service can happen 🙂