cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K555LN, optimus and Rome Total War(and some other old games)

mirko_kv
Level 7
Hello everyone!

Full model name: ASUS K555LN-XX143D

Bios version: 309

CPU: i5-4210U

Memory amount in GB: 6

GPU: nVidia GeForce 840M + intel HD 4400 (optimus)

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: 1TB hd

AC Adapter: original ASUS adapter

Operating system: Win8.1 64-bit

Original ASUS factory image or clean install? Clean install Win 8.1 64-bit

Microsoft Activated yes/no? YES

Drivers Installed: Original ASUS drivers

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed: Yes (GPU-Z)

System Overclocked (provide details)? No

Any hardware upgraded? No, all factory original hardware.

Issue:
Hello everyone!
I am having an issue with Rome Total War running only on my intel GPU, and I experience very low FPS (13-17). I have tried to set a profile for the game in nVidia control panel, and selecting it to run on "High performance NVIDIA processor", but the game seem to ignore it, and still ran on intel HD. I have contacted nVidia about this, and they suggested reinstalling the drivers, but that did not work either. After a few things that they suggested did not work, they asked me to contact my laptop manufacturer, so I did. They told me at ASUS to (again) reinstall the drivers using the ones they officially support for this model. Again, no changes. Then updating BIOS - nothing. Finally , I even reinstalled Windows, but that too did not help.
I wanted to post here because I wanted to ask: does anyone else have the same problem with this particular game and the nVidia optimus system? If so, did you solve it and how?

Thank you!

P.S. This is not the only game that seems to ignore settings set in nVidia control panel. I also encounter this with Freelancer, Morrowind, Stronghold Crusader HD, Sea Dogs 2(aka Prates of the Caribbean) but those work fine even on intel HD, except Sea Dogs 2 that crashes on intel HD without a fix. The games that DO work as they should are TES: Oblivion, Skyrim, COD: United Offensive, Fallout 3, LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth II.
0 REPLIES 0