cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS Update, should I go in order or skip to the latest version? (G751JT)

XOIIO
Level 7
Hoping to fix the issue my Razer Megalodon is having with this computer, I noticed one of the BIOS Updates has USB compatability listed as a fix.

Anyways I'm not sure how it is for this machine so I figured I'd double check, should I upgrade one by one from 2.02 to 2.06 or can I just skip to version 2.06 of the BIOS (assuming it installs all other fixes)
8 REPLIES 8

Swarmy
Level 8
Always get the latest bios.

XOIIO
Level 7
Alright thanks, from some past experience I've had computers freak a bit unless you went in order but those were old systems lol

Swarmy
Level 8
Latest BIOS include the improvements/changes from the old ones. Even today BIOS updates brick peoples laptops so you want to do them as little as possible.

XOIIO
Level 7
Well BIOS Update went fine but no joy on fixing the headset issue 😕 I guess it's up to Razer whenever they release a new firmware update.

XOIIO
Level 7
The latest update also says this: "BIOS 206
Add second PCIE SSD DID/VID"

Does that mean there is a second PCIE slot somewhere? I can only see one on mine (plus I don't have an SSD or the bracket needed to install it, the terabyte drive is doing fine though).

Swarmy
Level 8
As far as I know noone has figured out what that means, I believe a few people reported speeds increasing from around 1k to 1.2 for read speeds.

doughdreads
Level 7
Sorry if this is too dumb of a question, but is it necessary to update from the original BIOS. I just don't want to take any risks flashing it and end up bricking my laptop. I mean, do the benefits outweigh the risk?

XOIIO
Level 7
Under BIOS it will list the changes they made (though not very well apparently), it's up to you whether it's worth it or not.
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JT/HelpDesk_Download/