cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OEM Ram for G751JT (found). Video Upgrade Possible?

XOIIO
Level 7
So I found a seller of what appears to be the OEM RAM in the 751JT and possibly the JY, so if you wanted to upgrade to max it out and match the ram exactly this is what you would be looking at to get: Samsung M471B1G73DB0-YK0

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-PC3L-12800-204-Pin-SoDimm-M471b1g73bh0-yk0/dp/B00J8U549K/ref=sr_1_1?ie...

Seems like it may be a bit pricy but I haven't been in the laptop upgrade sort of area for a while, could be a fair price. Amazon.co.uk has two for 102 pounds or euros so it works out to the same there too.

Anyways, I think I read somewhere that these don't have built in graphics cards, rather they are actually proper cards that slot in, and could be upgraded though that would void warranty.

I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this? I think it may be a totally custom card though so it would be hard to get to do the upgrade unless you worked at a shop and managed to get a tracked JY and were able to use the card from that.
7 REPLIES 7

sasuke256
Level 7
RAM and GPU are not related you know, you can upgrade the RAM (System memory) but the GPU is soldered and have it own dedicated VRAM onboard 🙂
Laptop : ASUS G750JW : i7 4700HQ - 16Gb - 2Tb HDD - GTX 765M OC (+135/500) - Full HD Matte - Win 8.1
Retiered : Toshiba L670 i5 560M/8Gb Corsair/1TB/HD5650 1Gb @ 625/800 /WD 1Tb USB3/Win7

XOIIO
Level 7
Of course, I read on a thread here that the GPU may not be soldered to the board in this laptop though I was hoping someone might offer confirmation. Can't find the thread though.

Swarmy
Level 8
The CPU and GPU on these beasts are soldered on. And the ram that is in both my JY and JT is Hyundai electronics. So that ram would work but it is not an exact match. Part Number HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB.

XOIIO
Level 7
Hmm, the person in that thread must have been talking about a different generation laptop then or not known what they were talking about at all then lol

Strange that you have a different set of ram though, maybe if you bought yours earlier they were using that ram at that time.

Jlieu
Level 7
I've confirmed that the GPU is soldered. I've dissembled the G751 and upgrade the stock RAM to corsair 1866 16GB RAM inside with 8GB each module.
the general accessible ram slot is remain blank for future upgrade.

Swarmy
Level 8
I can look up the dates I purchased them if it would help?

XOIIO
Level 7
Nah people can always use hwinfo for an exact match.