Did you mean: 

x99 Dluxe/ROG Swift "Fantasma nella Macchina"

1sthurricane
Level 7
Nothing fancy,but she is my new mistress.:rolleyes:
15 REPLIES 15

1sthurricane
Level 7
I have only used Asus mobos for years and the same for all my gaming monitors....so I posted my x99 Deluxe/Rog Swift here in these forums,I must say I am a bit disappointed with no comments....a critique of my hardware....why not the Extreme over the x99Dekuxe...why did I take EVGA 980'S over Asus cards....why did I pick an"artic white"box case etc....nothing.For the future I will share negatives and problems and how I will be RMA'ing my hardware back and the big stink I will be raising on why my hard earned money was wasted.I spent close to $5000.00 for my first x99 rig.....I am a lil slow,but I fully understand now how the forums work here....salute.

Korth
Level 14
Your new mistress is very pretty, lol.

Pristine snow white builds are always refreshing in today's world of nothing but dreary ninja grey-and-black themes. I don't know exactly why (and no insult if it's not what you were aiming for), but something about your build's interior somehow evokes in me a strong urge to re-watch some Star Trek, lol. Very nice attention to cable management, too many "modders" don't bother to make an effort anymore.

(It's nice to finally see someone else online who isn't sporting a Corsair cooler, lol. No pirate ship pictures for my build, either!)
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

1sthurricane
Level 7
Thank you Korth,I was not looking for praise here,it just blew my mind that nobody commented about anything....I see multiple threads with piss'n and moaning about problems...I posted a thread about my POSITIVE experience with the ROG Swift monitor....no replies,but tons of threads on problems.So thought I would post new Asus x99 build and nothing....it's all good,lesson learned here on these forums.

Xenocrates
Level 7
See, I tend not to post into build logs or such much, because I figure that if they come along later with another installment, it will clutter the thread, so I wait till I'm sure it's done. Also, people tend to bitch more loudly than they praise.

It does look good.
Cheers
Xeno

Korth
Level 14
There are some threads at this forum dedicated to showing off builds, and some impressive/awesome builds found within.

But, sadly, it seems (from my short period of membership here, so far) that the majority of content here is more about support and troubleshooting than about modding and overclocking. Other online forums embrace those topics much more enthusiastically.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

This forum has become too mundane and boring in the last few years. People here usually brag and waste time on showcasing their ROG colored components and pay no mind to normal builds. Unless your case or components are carved to look and showcase ROG products and colors, and you've spent significant amounts of money and time, you will get no love...it's just the ROG way of saying: been there, done that.

Other types, like people who are too jealous of your rig, and instead of leaving a nice comment or constructive criticism about your rig, end up mocking you for the amount of money spent. These are the jealous type, unlucky ones, who barely have a dime to their name, and who have nothing better to do but troll the forum and bitch and mock your build.

Either way, don't feel bad! You should be proud that you have gone through the trouble of procuring the hardware and putting together your rig. I certainly, can appreciate that you have worked hard to do so.

Now, with regard to your rig - I have to say that I am not very impressed. When I first read the subject of your posting "Fantasma nella Macchina", I admit that I was very much excited to see what your rig would look like. Understanding a bit of italian, I must say the name is very catchy " The ghost inside the machine". But when I opened the post, I found nothing that resembled the name. Without being too insensitive, I must say that I do get the ghost thing, being all white. But frankly, you could have done a bit more to showcase the ghost.

I think you should explore some water -cooling options. Take a look at www.frozencpu.com and you can even call Joe, who would be able to help you put together some nice water-cooling options, perhaps even something more elegant which could emphasize the ghost in your machine.

Otherwise, nice job putting together 2 x 980 in sli. This is a serious piece of hardware, and I'm sure you are enjoying your Swift running every game at high res...

sp33d3ple wrote:
This forum has become too mundane and boring in the last few years. People here usually brag and waste time on showcasing their ROG colored components and pay no mind to normal builds. Unless your case or components are carved to look and showcase ROG products and colors, and you've spent significant amounts of money and time, you will get no love...it's just the ROG way of saying: been there, done that.

Other types, like people who are too jealous of your rig, and instead of leaving a nice comment or constructive criticism about your rig, end up mocking you for the amount of money spent. These are the jealous type, unlucky ones, who barely have a dime to their name, and who have nothing better to do but troll the forum and bitch and mock your build.

Either way, don't feel bad! You should be proud that you have gone through the trouble of procuring the hardware and putting together your rig. I certainly, can appreciate that you have worked hard to do so.

Now, with regard to your rig - I have to say that I am not very impressed. When I first read the subject of your posting "Fantasma nella Macchina", I admit that I was very much excited to see what your rig would look like. Understanding a bit of italian, I must say the name is very catchy " The ghost inside the machine". But when I opened the post, I found nothing that resembled the name. Without being too insensitive, I must say that I do get the ghost thing, being all white. But frankly, you could have done a bit more to showcase the ghost.

I think you should explore some water -cooling options. Take a look at www.frozencpu.com and you can even call Joe, who would be able to help you put together some nice water-cooling options, perhaps even something more elegant which could emphasize the ghost in your machine.

Otherwise, nice job putting together 2 x 980 in sli. This is a serious piece of hardware, and I'm sure you are enjoying your Swift running every game at high res...
I take your points to heart and thank you for taking the time to comment,as my opening comments reflect I clearly stated my rig was not "fancy" ,this is my first Intel based rig ,she is a work in progress....I am no way finished.The title was not chosen because of color,my rig randomly turned herself on and off,would boot...shut down and reboot...hence her name.I chose the color because I was going to airbrush a black/white checkerboard theme.I will be looking into custom water cooling when I decide to overclock,and that will be a first for me as well.As for you not being impressed....was never my intention to impress anyone when I posted,I wanted input...suggestions....questions....not eewwwwsss and Aaahhsss...she is a very basic build,nothing fancy...but really enjoy her when gaming.

Korth
Level 14
Every nerd wants the best tech, and the best-looking tech, he can get. Having your dream computer makes you feel like a king. It doesn't matter what others may think, it doesn't even matter if nobody else ever sees it.

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
Every nerd wants the best tech, and the best-looking tech, he can get. Having your dream computer makes you feel like a king. It doesn't matter what others may think, it doesn't even matter if nobody else ever sees it.
I spent the money all at once on this build,my past 3 or 4 AMD builds I was upgrading a piece of hardware(PSU/mobo/video cards/memory)every two or three months which was quite expensive over time.I shot my load here and hope the uber expensive x99 hardware holds.....and pray I can get a few years without upgrading anything.