cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected power downs and restarts - unusual (no OC, no gaming)

Szaquak
Level 7
I have a serious problem.
For several days, the computer every few hours suddenly loses power and reboots. They are not like ordinary restarts when you press the reset button. computer shuts down completely for about 1 second (extinguish all lights), and then turn on the 1s. I have tested a lot of options. It has nothing to do with the computer load level, because recently it happened during the test program memtest86 +. He walked a few hours under Prime95 and nothing you browse the web and it would come again. I turned off the 3000MHz XMP profile to standard 2400, all on auto. 0 OC and nothing - the same. I'll try to change the BIOS even older because I have this newest but already losing hope.

My equipment:

ASUS Rampage V
Intel I7 5820K
Be Quiet DarkPower Pro 1200
ASUS GeForce 750
Geil 4x4GB 3000MHz 16GB Potenza
Windows 7 Pro x64
7 REPLIES 7

NemesisChild
Level 12
Sounds like a PSU issue, can you test with another unit?
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Chino
Level 15
Please confirm that you've connected both the 8 pin and 4 pin power cables to your motherboard. Also to test your system, clear your CMOS and put your RAM back to stock default 2133MHz instead of 2400MHz. Use it like that for a while and see if you still get these shutdowns and restarts.

Szaquak
Level 7
Yes, connected both the 8 pin and 4 pin power cables and molex on the bottom of mobo. BIOS cleared because i flash to new 1301 at the moment.
Following the advice in the net unscrewed the little screws from Prolimatech Armageddon reducing downforce heatsink on the processor.
Updating the BIOS, I noticed that these resets Lookin same as the first automatic reset after BIOS Flash. Power down about 2 sec pause and power up.

PS: What was the problem with the ports in a retracted ASMedia BIOS? Before the problems I switched the HDD's to other SATA ports. (I have 5 HDD, 1 SSD and 2 optical drives = 8 devices, not counting the RevoDrive.)
Now i am waiting for effects. Plug and Pray 🙂

Szaquak
Level 7
Unfortunately after 12h PC work time ...reset 😞
Now i try unclip all sata drives and sata power cables and try only on system disk RevoDrive X2.

Actually, the only thing I did before the problem occurred it has just changed the sata ports, drives , and memory improved cooling attachment . ( cyclone evo ) I'll be looking for in these areas. I have no ideas 😞

Chino
Level 15

Szaquak
Level 7
My storage + optical drives

Szaquak
Level 7
Po długiej i nierównej walce - wygrałem 🙂
Opiszę, bo może kiedyś ktoś będzie miał podobny przypadek i post pomoże mu go rozwiazać.
Ostatecznie przetestowałem niemal wszystkie podejrzane komponenty (pamięć - pojedyncze i razem, zasilacz, kartę graficzną...) - nic nie pomagało.

The last two things that I did, and after which the problem persists, it:

1. I have connected a Seagate 2TB HDD to SATA6G_5 and SSD Goodram to SATA6G_6 (formerly were SATA6G_7 and SATA6G_8). Optical drives were SATA6G_9 and SATA6G_10 - plugged them into SATA6G_7 and SATA6G_8)

2. I noticed that after inserting video card clasp at the end of the PCIe port does not close automatically (as it did in the previous MOBO) - I crowed her manually, protecting against possible ejection card.

Do not want to determine which of the surgery helped, but it helped.

1. Maybe not native ports do not like any of the drives of connected there before (maybe SSD) or native ports do not like optical drives. I know it's sick, but ... possible.

2. Maybe the graphics card after screwing the exact losing contact with pins at the end of the PCIe port because security is not fastened?

I restored after regaining stability OC settings and everything works as it should.

Thanks everyone for your help.