cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus PG278Q need help about dead pixel policy

Protokil
Level 7
Hi, i have this monitor since october 2014 and i had no issue until now, last week 2 Dark Dot just showed up and yesterday 1 Bright Dot... it was okay for the 2 first one but now i have a green one that i can easily see, so i was wondering about the warranty, i saw this but i don't get it how it works http://support.asus.com/Warranty.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=VE247H&p=13&s=24 (i know it is not the Swift but it was the same thing)

I have 2 black one and 1 green one dead pixels, they wasn't there 4 months ago so here i am, what to do ?

Can i get a new one from Asus or something ? i'm really pissed right now that a high end LCD has such issues...

What is ZBD models / PA series ?

Thanks you
7 REPLIES 7

aeliusg
Level 7
Swift is ZBD so you can get a replacement.

Protokil
Level 7
Are you sure ? i found out that it meant "Zero Bright Dot" so it means if i have any dead pixel i cna get a new one or fixed ?

aeliusg
Level 7
The green one is a "bright dot" or stuck pixel. If one pops up within a year of having bought it, you can get a refurbished one or send yours in to get a new panel fitted. I don't think they send you new-in-box retail replacements, though.

Protokil
Level 7
okay thank you very much, i tried everything to make it works again but it was already to late for Jimmy the green one...

gabbo
Level 9
Yes it does have ZBD warranty, and when u get your replacement which will probably be refurbished screen, check it for dead/stuck pixel. I got 3 in a row with stuck pixels.

Protokil
Level 7
I hope not... Because i was wondering, you have to pay for shipping right ?

I have to get an assurance for it because if they lose my package Asus isn't going to refund me and i remember with my GTX 970 i had to pay like 20€ just for shipping...

gabbo
Level 9
Think they will send you replacement first and collect yours. It's how they did with mine.