Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Asus Strix 980? Rma again?

sde444
Level 10
Hello i have a problem with Far Cry 4.

I mean sometimes ( very very rarely ) i have artifacts like this:

Card is OC by factory. Rma time? Its my second Asus Strix 980 with similiar problem with artifacts on Far Cry 4.Again RMA? I am sorry but this is ridicilous. Second card with similiar problem.This time its showing that artifacts like above,
30 REPLIES 30

Nate152
Hello sde44

That looks to be a game issue.

I have far cry 4 and I notice a beautiful neon pink and green flashing sometimes but it doesn't happen often like you say.

Other than that it plays fine and I have no problems with any other games.

Does it happen in other games too?

sde444
Level 10
On other games i dont notice that. I can play Far Cry 4 many hours without that artifacts. But sometimes after 10 minutes it can appear like on stated movie above.
Its something wrong with card?

Nate152
It's hard to say but if it only happens in far cry 4 I would say it's the game.

Have you installed all the patches?

You can also click on games at the top of uplay, click on far cry 4 then click the little black arrow beside play and verify the files.

sde444
Level 10
Strange because playing Watch Dogs, Crysis 3, Heaven i dont see that artifacts. Only in Far Cry 4 but very occasionally i have something like this. Very rarely but of course it is.
So its RMA time? So its again not stable OC even preferred by Asus?

Nate152
Read my post above and verify the files. I've had it come up saying I had corrupted files before and it fixes them automatically so give that a try.

Chino
Level 15

sde444
Level 10
Even if its happens very randomly it can be driver or game issue not card?

Nate152
yeah, since it only happens in far cry 4 the issue is with the game.

Did you have any corrupted files?

sde444
Level 10
Its my second Asus Strix 980 and i have almost the same occasionally artifacting only in Far Cry 4. Its because Far Cry 4 dont like any OC even factory or its just a game?