cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Motherboard Failure?

Blaze_Karma
Level 7
Hi guys,

I have a G75VW laptop which I bought about 2 years ago, and in the last few weeks it's been randomly hanging and freezing out of the blue. I ran an antivirus scan which came back with a few small things but nothing terribly significant (all were cleaned up anyway), but it still froze roughly once a day. I went through many checklists online to see if I could fix the problem but alas no change. Yesterday the screen wouldn't turn on on startup so I did the whole taking the battery out and running on power etc. which seemed to fix it, but that evening the whole computer froze again and it said in the bottom right 'no battery detected' even though the battery was in. It registered the battery again when I unplugged the power cord and replugged it back in again, but the laptop was still frozen and I had to force a shutdown with the on/off button. I had a look online and it looks like it may be the motherboard, is there any way of confirming this? To date it has no problems on startup or BSODs, just the freezing and now the battery/screen problems.

Cheers for any help

Specs:

Asus ROG G75VW
Processor: Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.40GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Hard Drives: Kingston 120GB SSDNow 300V
Hitachi 500GB 7200RPM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
1 REPLY 1

Blaze_Karma
Level 7
Anyone? My laptop is becoming unusable even with the battery taken out and just running on power, it's still having problems. This laptop cost me an arm and a leg and I can't afford to replace it (uni student), so if I know what particular part/s are failing then I can just replace those. Please help!