cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED HELP! picking my pc, G751JM vs. G751JT

xXn0oB69Xx
Level 7
To start out i am extremely new the gaming pc world. I recently started looking into different rigs, and iv'e become drawn to the Asus RoG series. The style of them, and also the price seemed right for what they're advertised to handle.

Specifically iv'e been looking into the following:

Asus Rog G751JM - hovers around 1400$, with lower specs of course and the not as nice black cooling vents on the back.
Asus Rog G751JT - hovers around 18-1900$, has slightly better specs, and reviews seem to be all around better.

Here im just not sure if the $500 difference will really show power wise. Iv'e been watching alot of videos on both models (well whatever i can find because theres not much), and also reading reviews and trying to learn about pc's at the same time. But mainly I just want someone to tell me if the JT model is more bang for the money, or if its basically the same as the JM model.

Because i know so little about these models and this kind of stuff alone im not sure if the JM or JT will be able to handle the games i want to play, such as:
Planetside 2
Dying Light

People are saying that these are some pretty demanding games, and that alot of pc's have troubles running them at high settings, or even ultra. I just want these to playable (i guess higher than 50 FPS) if that's even realistic for these two models on high settings wwith high settings on shadows as well.

Basically help me out please and tell me wtf im doing and which one i should buy
9 REPLIES 9

XOIIO
Level 7
Graphics card is vastly inferior. I have the JT and can play Watch Dogs on max setting with the worse mod and get 35-40fps consistently, sometimes higher depending on the area, I got 80fps without the worse mod.

The 860 couldn't do that, that's for sure, and I'm guessing you get less ram which means if you wanted to upgrade to the max you would need to void the warranty to do so.

That mainly what i needed to know. not having a clue about this kind of stuff i didnt want to spend almost 2500$ for everything i need to game properly and then the rig be crap.

is watch dogs a pretty demanding game for computers?

Swarmy
Level 8
Definetely JT, More power and cooler running, so OC is possible easily.

So im going to order this from Tiger Direct, will this JT model still have the built an over clocking program built in? Cause i saw some things about the JY that they might have removed it in total?

Swarmy
Level 8
Nvidia had a little brain fart and disabled overclocking in the drivers. Thankfully they are reenabling it after a huge backslash. So you will be able to overclock.

okay thats awesome, im not exactly sure what OC does but its sweet that its back. it seemed like an addition most people enjoyed

xXn0oB69Xx
Level 7
well slight change of plans, due to financial difficulties taking part in my life as of right now i might not have the cash for the g751 JT.
Is the G751 JM just as good? like will i be able to play on max settings in games like Dying Light? Or should i look into a different laptop for around that 1500$ price range?

hmscott
Level 12
The G751JT 970m is much more capable than the G751JM 860m or the G75JL 965m... better save the $ and hold off until you can afford the 970m... keep hunting for a sale or better offer with lower bundled memory/disk. Holding out for the 970m will be worth it in the long run.

For that matter, the jump between the G751JT 970m and the G751JY 980m is worth holding out for too 🙂

If you really can't wait, don't get the 860m in the JM get the JL with the 965m... really worth it to wait, but maybe find somewhere that will give you 30 days to return it, and if you find the 965m isn't enough, take it back and trade it in for a 970m.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-965M-vs-GeForce-GTX-860M

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-970M-vs-GeForce-GTX-965M

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-970M-vs-GeForce-GTX-860M

If the JM is that bad i wont even waste my time with it lol
But my price range is right under 2K so ill have to get the JT. Even with saving i wont be able to get up to the 980m until next semester of school at least, but hopefully when that rolls around a new model will be out with better hardware, and if not I have plenty of research sites to look over and go up to the monster model!

thanks for the help