cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY : Anyone got a flawless screen after RMA? without bleeding

Evil_Hotdog
Level 7
Hi,

Just wondering if I should RMA my G751JY again to get a screen without bleeding.
If anyone just could confirm they got a screen without problems after RMA then I might be temped to try again.
If not, I'll have to replace it somwhere else for 200€ -_-

FYI : I exchanged the laptop 3 times, and tried RMA once.
13 REPLIES 13

aupoi351
Level 7
No.
Finally i managed to get rid of this by cutting 3 clips of the bottom of the screen (inside the bezel).
The bleed is essentially due to the clips that hold the screen on its bottom. I cut it just to reduce the presure of the bezel on the screen. And now: No bleed anymore and the screen is still maintained by the side and upper clips. I left 2 clips on the bottom too (there are 5 clips on the bottom).

@aupoi351 please share the steps.

Thanks

Evil_Hotdog
Level 7
Yeah I wanted to try that too at first, but then I noticed there's still some bleeding after I removed the bezel.
I'll keep it in mind.

NitroX
Level 10
Yep, I have managed to get one without any bleeding after I returned my first model. Luckily the second one has been without many flaws, but I have also checked it very thoroughly in the showroom of the store I've bought it. You know, you can check the notebook for any sort of issue, be it physical or internal, while you are in the stores showroom and you can return it right there without having to complete a return form, and if they will have another one on stock, they will give it to you. Yeah, you can't do this with 10 notebooks consequently but it is your right and it depends on the b**lz that you have.

Evil_Hotdog
Level 7
Going to the store isn't really an option, I ordered it online. Thx for the input though.
Maybe I'll try harrasing Asus support about it.

Hebrew
Level 7
I got lucky and didn't have any screen problems.

aupoi351
Level 7
I've just uncliped the bezel with a credit card (not completely removed because i didn't succeed to unclip the bottom corners).
And then, with a knife, i cut 3 of the 5 bottom clips situated on the inner side of the bezel. I just left those situated on the corners.

arc08
Level 7
No.
I really wouldn't bother sending it back. I sent mine for the same reason and when I received it back, it still had the screen bleed.
Not as bad but the problem is still there. And the new screen had scratches on it so it's really not worth the wait.
Fortunately for me, I bought mine from Amazon and they have one of the best (if not the best) customer service around so when the new model came out, they agreed to send me a replacement.

Raffafari
Level 7
I also have some bleeding on the lower part of the screen but just trying to get used to it. A bit worried to mess with the bezel like some have, can't something go wrong doing that?