cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX Sound Problem

felixdahouse
Level 7
Hey guys,

I was gaming with my notebook when i simply turned the sound off by the Function buttons.
Then i tried to turn it on again and did not work! I tried all the speakers options like disable - enable, saw the device management and everything. When it plays a song, the green light of the speaker near the clock on Windows goes up and down but no sound comes out. I looked in the internet and did not got answer.
The last thing to do was to format everything. And i did it. Installed the drivers from Asus website and everything but the sound did not came back.
Just to make sure you all get it > the sound does not comes out by the speakers or headphones. The green light speakers moves in both situations.
When i plug the HDMI cable it works, but i saw its a different card because it comes with the Nvidia video card.
My guess is that my sound burned! Any ideas? I dont know if there is a way to change it. Here in Brazil we dont have a specific assistance for Asus so i would have to take to a regular one.
Sorry for the english! Hope you all understand!
1 REPLY 1

C4RN1
Level 9
Could it have something to do with your headphone jack? Does it say it's playing though speakers or playing through headphones? Have you tried to plug in headphones to see if the jack works? Sometimes the headphone jack gets stuck and you either need to play around with it to get it to work or you need to replace it.

I would start by unplugging the audio board to see if that solves anything. If it doesn't then more than likely something on the motherboard went.