Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Cooler Master found me to be using an older CM PSU as the power source for my LEDs,
    Motor & other none main PSU dependant parts, so kindly offered me a nice new G750M

This will be more than enough for my setup & can even act as a power source for a 3nd/4th GPU
    should I add them later down the road.

so the main PC parts are running on the V1200 & extras run from the G750M.
    I also got my hands on some other CM parts that I plan to breakdown & use on the desk

Fitted the RAD covers & added some independent RGB lighting to them

Both the PSU's are going under the right side of the desk on the top shelf,
    this is so they have some fresh air & dont add to the temps inside the main part
    of the desk,
    I can also get to them more easily should I need.

Installed the main power on the back wall under the desk in the center, this is also so I can get to it easily.

Breaking down some of the PSU housings so I can use the badges on the RAD covers

just a quick test fit to see how they looked so not stuck on 100% correct, decided to blackout the outer circles

Think they look better now

in this pic you can see some of the internal panels have been covered with black leather (flux)
    have never seen anyone do this before so thought it would make a nice change
    still lots more to be done to the panels though.

Started to mod the 2nd Phobya Fan Controller, removing the white print, changing from blue to red LED & adding a new logo.

Still loads more to do, but with some luck I hope to have this completed within the next 4 to 5 weeks or maybe sooner

Things are calming down a bit here now so im continuing with the lighting,
    I've now moved on to the logos & some internal lighting..

Also now covered all the internal panels with leather, the leather is in keeping with the overall look of the desk,
    not too shiny (glossy) yet still able to reflect some light in the places I want.

This is the main right side cover, hole for the lift & square cut for the pump

Having 2X ASUS ROG logos, 1 per side that will be RGB lighted, Red & white main, & then the full RGB options should I fancy a change

This is one of the HD covers, will also be RGB lit
    going at the back of the desk above the MB.

This is one of the bigger logos, my own, will also be RGB controlled & im going to trey blend it in best I can.

Thats all for today as im needed for daddy duties

Reworked the Sabertooth a bit more, decided after seeing it inside the desk that the silver
    would look better black to match the other parts.

I left some brown bits but if there still seen when the components are added then I will most
    likely also paint them Red or black.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Ntwlf PC Specs
    Ntwlf PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Build Below In Progress
    MotherboardASUS Maximus VII Formula
    ProcessorIntel i7 4790K @4.8GHz (siliconlottery.com)
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill TridentX F3-2400C10Q-32GTX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti OC
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix GTX 980 Ti OC (w/ROG Enthusiast 2-way SLI Bridge)
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1(2x) SanDisk Extreme Pro 960GB, (1x) SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB
    Storage #2(2x) Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 1TB ST1000DM003 (Raid 0)
    CPU CoolerCRYORIG R1 Ultimate w/Red Heatsink Covers
    CaseCM Storm Trooper w/Custom Side Panel (Window w/(2x) 120mm fans)
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i w/Red Braided Cables
    Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M800 Mechanical Gaming
    Mouse SteelSeries Diablo III
    Headset Audio Technica ATHAD500X w/AntLion ModMic 4.0
    Headset/Speakers Logitech X-540 Speakers
    OS Win 7 Ultimate X64 (w/ Virtual XP for older games)
    Network RouterASUS ROG Front Base Dual-Bay Gaming Panel
    Accessory #1 ASUS Blu-Ray Writer BW-16D1HT
    Accessory #2 Seagate 4TB HDD 5900rpm ST4000DM000 (internal - backup & imaging)
    Accessory #3 (9x) case fans Thermaltake Riing + (2x) Lepa Chopper (front bay light effects)

Hey deblow,

I know it's been awhile since my last post here, but I've been watching your progress nonetheless. WOW

Again, your creativity, design and attention to detail is awe-inspiring. You'll have a gaming desk that will last you for years through many hardware upgrades. And I'm also happy that your getting some sponsorship, as well as able to continue funding your project no matter how much you and your wife have to pinch penny's.

I hope your leg is healing well. This @~)~~~ is a rose for your wife, whom has been most supportive of you.

Best Wishes to Both of You,
    Ntwlf

Quote Originally Posted by Ntwlf View Post
    Hey deblow,

I know it's been awhile since my last post here, but I've been watching your progress nonetheless. WOW

Again, your creativity, design and attention to detail is awe-inspiring. You'll have a gaming desk that will last you for years through many hardware upgrades. And I'm also happy that your getting some sponsorship, as well as able to continue funding your project no matter how much you and your wife have to pinch penny's.

I hope your leg is healing well. This @~)~~~ is a rose for your wife, whom has been most supportive of you.

Best Wishes to Both of You,
    Ntwlf

Thanks for that!
    Wont lie, needed the help to be able to save some cash for the tools & desk mats, so was a big help.. legs still the same ATM

I will pass the rose to my wife, im sure she will ask why i havent given her one yet lol
    she's been a big help as have some friends so im very lucky

All the best to you also mate..

UPDATE:

Almost done with the 3.5 HD racks, they will each hold 2 drives for now, but can be adjusted to fit 3 if needed.

Made from wood like almost everything.

Made some grills that match the ones I did for the sides of the desk a couple of months back.

Painted in flat black to match the other components & desk.

Added some RGB lighting, so they will have independent options as do all the other parts of the desk, this will give endless lighting/colour
    options & modes.

once the HD racks are completed I can then move back on to the hard tubes

Took some shots of the pump lighting, gone with white for now untill I can capture the reds a bit better on a pro cam.
    also painted the valve fittings black & red,
    & finally, did the hardest bend with 4 turns after 2nd attempt

Finally finished with the logos & MB, just need to install the Coolermaster logo around the center SSD compartment,
    then that part of the build is completed & I can finish up the loop, add the GPU & small details.

all the reds are much deeper & nicer, hope a professional camera will pick them up a bit better for when i do the final pics

Been a bit busy with the family lately, but here's a quick update & should have more by the weekend

Completed the runner for the glass top/lift, had a couple of ideas for the lift but this was the best option for now,
    cost & time wise.

made from -
    A CM Storm Reaper mouse wheel, old shower attachment
    & some spare Alphacool hardtube cut-offs.
    coated the wheel with some rubber to help grip the glass without scratching hopefully.

GPU block fitted & now installed, have a couple of ideas for the loop at this point,
    will show the results as soon as im done testing them out

GPU backplate

This one is going on the top/side of the card & will be RGB.

Thanks all for now, getting excited now that i can see the finish line

Played around with a couple of loop options, 1st was the standard CPU > GPU1 > GPU2
    then I tested how it performs going from CPU> GPU1 & 2

My temp on GPU 2 was slightly better & it looked cooler so im sticking with that option

Im still getting temps around 3c to 5c hotter on my GPU2 compared to GPU1.
    could be I need to redo the paste again or tighten the plate up a bit more
    will mess with it a bit more if the temp on GPU hits 60c or more when hardcore gaming.

Used lots of bog roll lol

Also completed the Alphacool logo, RGB controlled, so far I like RED & BLUE, hard to get some good pics of the reds though

Replaced the 2 fan controllers for 1 duel bay, Phobya MaxGuide 6

The new controller has 6 temp monitors,
    I plan to just use 3 for now, room temp, desk temp & GPU backplate temp

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast