cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with network adapter

FrostDistrict
Level 7
hello,
i cannot connect to the internet. Troubleshooting says the Intel Ethernet connection i218-v is having driver or hardware related
problems. When i go to device manager there is a yellow icon on the network adapter and it says that it cannot start (code 10).
I've searched many forums but never found a fix that is why I am posting here. Things I have tried:
-downloaded different drivers
-updated bios
-recovered the system
-problem is not the router/modem
-nor the wire
-clear cmos
My mobo is a maximus vii hero, the driver version is 12.12.80.19 and the date is 29/19/2014.
This problem came out of nowhere please hELP!!
2 REPLIES 2

Sparax
Level 9
Hi FrostDistrict & Welcome to the forums

Ok uninstall your current drivers and install the Intel(R) Gigabit Ethernet Driver V19.1.51.0 for Windows 7/8/8.1 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL) from Asus site.

Also If you have Game First III installed remove that aswell as it is known to cause issues for some people

Restart and let us know how you get on

In your request some time back now, you asked the poster above for a response. Poster never left one, so I will.
The option you gave regarding the different version, did not work for me. I also have the exact same model of mobo as original poster.
However, my install is on an SSD 960 Pro on Windows 7 Pro, but I got the exact same error message.
So while my system is finally able to connect, I'm providing, what should have been a no brainer (at least for me)

I shut down the pc completely
I unplugged the power supply cable
I also turned the power button off, that is on the power supply.
Waited in my case, 15 minutes for pc to drain power ( 10 minutes probably would have been fine)
Plugged the power supply cable back in.
Toggled the power switch to on, (the one on the actual power supply)
Then I turned on my pc, let it start up, and issue resolved!

p.s. I did find the info, just doing a Google search, many of the same issues occurred in mid to late 2016.
cannot answer why I hadn't done that sooner.
Had to think outside the box finally. :cool: