cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen "Flickering" in a Two Way SLI Setup

Nuno_Almeida
Level 7
Hi!
I have two Nvidea GTX 980 Strix in SLI mode.
Everything works fine, but for exemple when I try to play Farcry 4, the background snow, for exemple is "flickering"... Its really strange: the nearby objects are ok...
Nuno Almeida
5 REPLIES 5

Nuno_Almeida
Level 7
No... It´s just in Farcry 4! All the settings are ultra!

Nuno_Almeida
Level 7
Thanks! 🙂

BrutalAttis
Level 7
I'm starting to feel quite Jaded regrading SLI. I got Far Cry 4 the weekend figuring most of these issue had been resolved, but SLI is a mess. I waited a couple months before getting the new Dragon Age ... same crap, had to play half that game without SLI.

So people say we should blame the game developers, does nobody think it odd the game developers have to do special coding for SLI/crossfire? I say SLI/crossfire must be a poor concept that is badly implemented on Driver/Hardware level ... for game developers it should make no difference between coding for one more more than one GPU.

NVidia is selling us on SLI ... they get to sell more than one card to one person! Yet so many games have SLI issues that a big deal for us that like playing very high res. ... I really feel it should not be on the developers.

Anyways, I am just ranting ... SLI is great when it works, but I am getting tired of SLI not working in so many AAA titles, or taking months to fix. These AAA (looking at dragon age) gets great reviews and win rewards, yet it took them FOREVER to fix the flickering SLI texture issues.

I feel ripped off by NVidia and gaming houses when this happens.

There should be accountability for selling poorly implemented concepts.