Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

ROG Member Array

Sorry I've not got back to you both until now but I've been tinkering. I found the problem and after fixing it the results are astounding!

It was the thermal paste....Opening up my card revealed Asus had waaaay over done it with thermal compound, I mean the poor chip was literally caked in the stuff, so much so it was oozing out around one of the heat pipes!

After cleaning it all up and putting the correct amount of MX-2 on there my temps in the tomb raider benchmark have gone from 80c to 51c! That's much more like it.

Just to make sure it wasn't a rogue reading I ran both gpu tweak and gpu-z monitors. Both said exactly the same temp. I also ran Heaven benchmark again which has it's own temp monitor, down from 81 to 54c.

Played the games I mentioned in my previous post, guild wars 2 down to a constant 47c and world of warcraft 45c.

Thank you both guys for all the info and advice you gave.

Hopefully this topic might help others with the same problem.

ROG Member Array

Do not know if this will help you but I moved my card away from the CPU cooler. Using slot number 2 on motherboard, allows for better airflow. Card has not gone over 65 degrees when stressed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3