cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G771JW FPS Drop Problem

malikkucumen
Level 7
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought asus g771jw gaming laptop. I usually play League of legends however Even at very low graphicsi i frequently have massive fps drops from 150 to 20. I used to play this game without any problems on my older laptop asus n56vz which is completely uncomparable to g771.

What can be the reason of this issue can you help me through. Thanks a lot
3 REPLIES 3

tidididi
Level 7
Did you fix your problem, my friend?

I have the same problem. After 3 days I decided to send the laptop to the service...

karenjoysalvado
Level 7

Hey fellow users,
I might have found out a solution, unfortunately I can't post it everywhere on the globe, so if it worked for you, spread the word please, don't let anyone else have to go through the pain of looking for solutions, but finding nothing. So, without further a due, let's begin:
1.) Update the BIOS - Optional, you might not need to do this, but it can help you.
First of all: CHECK IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT BIOS FIRMWARE! IT IS NECESSARY, PLEASE DO SO!
Hint: look for G771JW (or so, I think it is a global solution), there you will find the latest BIOS software!
So, if you have your fresh, crispy BIOS firmware put it onto a pendrive (I'm not quite sure if it has to be erased, I erased it) then restart your laptop. When the ROG logo shows up start mashing your F2 key until the BIOS shows up. Head to the Advanced tab, and press enter on "Start Easy Flash". This will guide you to a screen in which it warns you to have your computer connected to power, and have your battery in the computer. If you have both of them, it will guide you to a next blue screen, on which you can do the actual update. Hooray! Search for the file you put earlier on a USB stick by guiding yourself through the folders (you can press enter, it won't do anything until you actually press enter on the file itself). Once you found it, press enter, and chill, make sure you have your power chord in put, and don't do a thing, let it finish. Once it finished, it will shut down, so you will have to reboot again. If you've done this right, it will boot up a bit slower. Now we can go towards the next (and I think last) step.
2.) Updating/installing your chipset driver
Yeah, you may have done this earlier, but for me, this solved the problem. Once again, head to the ASUS driverbase, search for the chipset driver, download it, and just install it. It will prompt you to restart your computer, do so.
Other steps, that may help you:
a.) Changing the settings in the nVidia control panel
I'll just do it fast: Manage 3D Settings --> Preferred graphics processor --> High-performance NVIDIA processor
In the list search for the "Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration", set it to "Single display performance mode".
b.) Reinstalling all of your drivers
Yeah, pretty harsh, but hey, I found my problem in the software part! How could you know, that your problem may not hide in the drivers? Give it a shot!
THANKS FOR THE READING, HOPE IT HELPED YOU!
Best regards,
Lajos