cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G74SX problem with USB 3.0

Retired
Not applicable
Hello welcome! I have a bit long and difficult issue to explain but I will try do my best! 🙂
Ok, so let's start from the beginning! About 3 weeks ago my friend bought for me ASUS G74SX in the USA, I'm from Poland actually and of course he sent it to me. When it arrived i had problem with 3D Vision. It was a little something like nVidia graphic panel didnt had any option of turning on 3D and when i finally found that id didn't work properly anyway. But that's not the point. During this 3 weeks I made a reaaaaaly hard work cause of some stupid problems and issues which took me so much time! Finally i reinstaled windows to polish version (Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit) and instaled ALL drivers from the offical page of ASUS. Of course as u probably guess i have still problems! With camera still with 3d and all that. But anyway! I made it all somehow after sucha a time i made it alone and now I can play games! 😮 Finally! Wohooo laptop which costed 1500$ finally played a games! (DAMN! It was made for games!) I felt amazing like a winner of total super prize! But guess what! When i putted a mouse to my USB port it all had started!

Ok so here you got describe of my problem:
Nothing react when i put it in USB drive. Mouse was checked and all worked as it should on other notebook, (was trying to check pendrive same result) so the problem is in drivers probably! I have searched hundreds of sites and found out that this issue is pretty popular (good job ASUS with that) there are no drivers which fix my problem! Device Manager have problems with drivers such as Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Controller FL1000 Series and 2 others which name doesnt appear cause i tryed everything! Uniinstall download install, turn off, search for some drivers through Windows and all that, 2.0 and 3.0 doesnt work. I mean sorry for my tone but come on 😞 that sh** costed 1500$ how it DARE to doesnt work properly :(( Im depressed totally have no idea what can i do i tryed everything searched all forums nothing helps please! Chastity would be welcome here cause i saw he knows something about my problem maybe he can help 😞 I cant handle im trying for 3 weeks and nothing I BEG U please help me ;( I need guide from A to Z step srsly now im just too exhausted to think myself. I'm waiting to hearing from u but probably nobody will response as always ❤️ Sincenerely, Cyrhlanin
ps. I was serious with this begging and all. :X
ps2. im not sure cause id didnt checked but i found on some forums that when they bought their ASUS-es from BEST BUY (similarry to me) everything worked from the begining. But i reinstaled windows and all... total clean instalation.
17 REPLIES 17

JRd1st
Level 12
Inunderstand your frustration but there's no sense "scolding" in here because no one from Asus that can change anything reads anything in this forum. Complain to gary_key@ASUS.

You should update ALL your drivers with ones from my New Drivers sticky and my nVisia drivers sticky.

I'm assuming you installed the chipset drivers first after you got windows and SP1 installed, right?
Read the User's Manual for more info. 😄

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor
Intel Series 510 120 GB SSD

Drivers, Apps and How To's
Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Sorry about that. And yes i have updated ALL of my drivers and still nothing, and about chipset drivers you must get me wrong, i ment that i have installed windows and SP1 first than all of the drivers of chipset and all that. Oh and one more thing i have Code 19 error in condition note about those drivers (Fresco Loxic xHCI (USB3) Controller FL1000 Series and two more which were something about Chipser Intel(R) (...)).

JRd1st
Level 12
Code 19 means the device can't start.
uninstall all the usb drivers. First the Fresco logic one from Programs and features, the in device manager go to Universal Serial Bus controllers and right click on each one and uninstall it. Tell windows you don't wanna restart until you're done.

THEN, restart and install this Chipset driver with the "-overall" switch (don't use the quotations, lol) Run that installer from the command line, restart then install fresco. ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/nb/Drivers/USB3.0/USB3_Fresco_Win7_64_Z3540.zip

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Hey could you introduce to me more this you know step by step cause I'm not good with these things. I mean that part from install Chipset driver with the "-overall" what? Where type what please?
Cause seriously im pretty dumb in these things and my english also isn't perfect sorry.. 😞

JRd1st
Level 12
You have to download the chipset installer here - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3321&DwnldID=20019&ProductFamily=Chips... I forgot to insert the link before. :embarrassed:

Click into some empty space in the folder you have the file in, then Shift +Right-click then Open Command Window Here

Type "infinst_autol -overall" (Again, don't type the quotes, just what's inside them.) That will force the installer to update all the chip driver files.

Then install the Fresco drivers as usual.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Ok, I have installed this Chipset Installer but what next? I tried to type this infist_autol -overall in command line which i turned on command line looks somethings like that "C:\Users\Myname>" i typed this two words after that and windows said me that he can't recognize "infist_autol" and "-overall". Sorry for me really but still i don't know how to do this correct i mean where type what i tried that with shift + right click but i didn't found anything I mean "click into some empty space in the folder you have file in" which folder? Doesn't matter which? Can be random? Or you ment folder in which i have this chipset installer? Aha and one more thing after uniinstalling all of the drivers from USB just like you said, first from Program and devices Fresco, and secondly all which where in Device Manager in USB. After that Windows didn't even try to reboot (don't know is that important?) and also after that in other devices something new shown up some uknown device.

JRd1st
Level 12
Do that again and type dir. Do you see the installer? Anyway it isn't "infist_autol", it's "infinst_autol" as in INSTall. (I'm not making fun, I'm telling you why it is what it is. 🙂 )

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com

Retired
Not applicable
Ok i typed dir and something like that shown up http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/810/cmdk.png/ ... So i guess I'm doing something wrong?

JRd1st
Level 12
Yes, you need to open the command window from the folder the installer is in. Click on some empty space in that folder THEN try again.

G74SX-A1 BIOS 203
Intel 6230 WiFi/BT
LG E2350 LED LCD Monitor

Latest nVidia Drivers

JRd1st on DeviantArt.com