cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

00 Q-CODE on R5V

ReMMeR
Level 7
Bios #1 have this problem with 00 q-code and nothing helps (safe bytton/cmos/flash the bios frome the usb/copy
bios #2 to bios #1)
This is what I have on my system:
Whatercooling system on:
5960X (4400mhz + 1.22v) (cash 4000Mhz + 1.17v)
16 Gb G.Skill 2666Mhz (4x4) + 1.2v
Therefore when I try to fix that problem with the BIOS #1, nothing helps it give me 5 sec. and restart infinitely.
That problem have arised 4 months ago and I allredy send it back to the computerunivers.de (I live in Moscow and the shops is in Germany). They cept my motherbord for 2.5 moths and send it back with the same problem. :mad:
So I don`t want to send it again because I don`t like to fill my self stupid.
PLEASE HELP TO SOLVE THAT ISSUE. (SORRY FOR MY TERRIBLE ENGLISH). 😮
16 REPLIES 16

ReMMeR
Level 7
Asus Rampage V Extreme (BIOS #2) (0901)
Itell 5960X (4400 + 1.22v + cash 4000 + 1.17v)
DDR4 (16 Gb G.Skill 2666 Mhz 4x4) stock 15.15.15.35 T2 + 1.2v
Win 8.1
SSD Samsung 850
2x Titan Black
PSU ColerMaster 1200 Platinum
Watercolling CPU + 2 x GPU

Chino
Level 15

Yes i did that many time with cmos and without it.

drop4205
Level 12
I had a similar experience to yours. I ended up reseating the memory gpu and check all connections. redownload new bios to formated usb , cmos then connect usb to rog flashback port. push rog flashback button till it flashes. If fingers are in way you can watch orange light on bottom of board next to bios 1 to verify that it is flashing. Then I was able to get out of the strange loop it was in. It was like a corrupt file the first time
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

Done that but nothing helps to solve that issue

Raja
Level 13
Contact ASUS service or get yourself another BIOS chip (properly pre-programmed). Chances are you've somehow made the first chip corrupt, or there is some other user issue taking place.

When using two different BIOS versions, if there are any iROG updates, the system will need to update the microntrollers every time the user changes between the two BIOS chips. If that process was interrupted at any stage, then it may have caused an issue. That's in addition to flashing the BIOS while the system isn't stable.

Thanks for help. Do you think it is possible to buy this chip frome Asus support (Russia)?

Raja
Level 13
I have no idea.