cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Tower

Midaz
Level 7
Hi guys,

I was wondering, I purchased an Asus A97-A Motherboard and I set up my tower which I planned to use on the Wifi, however I don't know what pilot to use in order for my tower to recognize the wifi signal. Is it possible with that motherboard? And if yes, what pilot should I install?

Also, if you have any other pilote to suggest me to install for a good functionning, let me know 🙂

Thank you guys

Francis
8 REPLIES 8

X-ROG
Level 15
Pilot? sorry dont understand.

The Z97-A does not have WiFi integrated sorry. /WiFi AC models and Deluxe are only ones with WiFi included

Midaz
Level 7
Ahhhh damn! And is it better to get a Network Card 450 mbps or a usb device?

I'd prefer a network card. It will perform better, and they tend to have much better antenna's, not to mention the better energy budget available to it, and better cooling. It depends on relative costs to you though, as well as personal preferences. USB devices tend to look worse, and also have lower speed caps. they also may obscure multiple ports.

Cheers
Xeno

Midaz wrote:
Ahhhh damn! And is it better to get a Network Card 450 mbps or a usb device?

Try looking at the ASUS EA-xxxx series - it plugs into GigE and converts it to wireless. The latest AC models have great antenna's and you can make the CAT5 cable much longer than USB.

Midaz
Level 7
Okai nice, I purchased a temporary usb adapter for 30$ but what would you advice me to take?

If I purchase on newegg
Could you advice me 3 cards : 1 low budget,1 mid budget and 1 high budget please 🙂

Thank you Sir for your time and answers, it is really appreciated!

Xenocrates
Level 7
Wireless cards tend to be rather cheap, thankfully. As such, my recommendations are http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320173 and http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320113. beyond that price point, it's not really worth it. saturating a 1300 Mb/S connection takes a lot. Streaming 4K, or downloading steam games on a gigabit connection. I would not recommend a single band card, just because of all the benefits to using 802.11 AC at this point. Not to mention that they are cheap and relatively future proofed.

Cheers
Xeno

Midaz
Level 7
Okai cool thank you sir! I will order that right now! 🙂

Have a wonderful evening and thanks again and again!

Francis

bastian827
Level 9
If you purchase usb adapter, then maybe you can look at the compatibility modem of that with wifi.