cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Razer Kraken Headphones Not Working Post BIOS Update

Radeson
Level 7
Hello,

I really don't know if it is any way related to the recent BIOS update I just did. My USB Razer Kraken 7.1 Headset does not play most sounds. It plays windows sounds when I try to test the device. It plays the surround calibration in the Razer Synapse software. BUT, when I try to play ANY games or internet videos or anything else then nothing..... When I try to uninstall the Razer Synapse software it works, but I know the surround aspect of it can't be working. I have been considering getting some new true surround headphones, but honestly I really like the Razer headset. The people I game with say that I sound crystal clear on them, and so far I've had no issues for the 1.5 years I've owned them. For now I have to uninstall the Synapse everytime I want to use them, but that makes it so I can't use the keyboard or mouse settings I have for my other 2 Razer products.... Kinda sucks. I really hate to roll back BIOS also because I UEFI boot and have Raid arrays. Which makes it a pain because I have to change all those settings back, not to mention ripping my computer apart to unhook my RAID....

The reason why I think it could be BIOS related is it started directly after the last BIOS update I did a few days ago. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. To those of you who have read my posts in the past. I got a new CPU (5960x) And it seems that either I'm doing something wrong or I got another mediocre chip. It seems to have the same sweet spot. Its crazy but it's like EXACTLY the same. This almost makes me wonder if its possible that voltage regulators or something else in the motherboard might be causing this??? Or something with the OS possibly? Does anyone have any ideas on this? I thought since I did SOOO much tweaking and overclocking with my last chip that maybe just maybe I could have like trained my OS to be unstable at anything 4.4ghz or above... Any ideas???? Also the new chip was made in Costa Rica and my old one Malasia if that makes a diff IDK....
1 REPLY 1

Raja
Level 13
Check the sound options have the Razer headset listed as the default audio device. If it is not default, you will hear sounds when you test it, but all applications will be routed to the default audio device. This is more a software/OS config issue than a UEFI "bug" I think.