Threaded View

New ROGer Array

Rampage V Extreme OC

I just completed a new gaming PC build with a few ROG products. I have never overclocked before, so I have no clue where to start.

My system specs are:
    Rampage V Extreme (X99)
    Intel 5930k
    Dual Asus Matrix ROG 980's in SLI
    16GB of DDR4 2400 Crucial Sport RAM
    1000w EVGA P2
    NZXT Kraken x61 on a push config
    Samsung 850 EVO
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise

The case I am using is the Corsair Graphite 780T, I have two fans pulling in, 1 exhaust and the Kraken on top with the two fans in push.

Currently the CPU has reached a maximum temp of 50C and the two GPU's 75C and 80C.

I have seen quite a few guides out there for processor and GPU overclocking as well as some for the ROG OC panel which I have installed. I am looking for a good guide to get me started on some minor overclocking for my system, if it can do it. I installed GPU Tweak for my cards, I am curious if this is the recommended tool also.

The goals I had in mind when building this PC were:
    Strictly gaming, nothing else.
    60fps 4k gaming over HDMI 2.0
    I use an LG 49" 4K TV which has an HDMI 2.0 port for 60fps 4K pictures

Highest settings i could use in game (Perhaps some advice or a link on how to optimize these as i haven't really figured out what would be best for my card and display)

So far I haven't seen a marginal improvement when playing games such as Shadow of Mordor or Metro 2033 Redux when using this system over my previous PC which was running on a single Strix 980.

Thank you for your help!