Wifi and gaming performance tips for G751?

Hello everyone, I want to ask if anyone has some advice and information regarding a stable internet connection on the G751 and any advice on keeping everything smooth while gaming.

I'm having some issues with downloading some games, took way more then it was supposed too and also feels like I don't benefit from this laptop's full potential. Should I try using the Intel update utility and update the Wifi driver though I'm not sure if that is the issue?
    Are there some specific settings I need to change or anything after installing Windows 8.1 and the drivers?
    Also I have a feeling the new Avast might be causing some of the issues in performance, should I uninstall it or anyone using it has some advice regarding it ?
    Last edited by Raffafari; 03-18-2015 at 07:19 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array navis995's Avatar

Battery mode should be high performance or balanced as battery saving mode will make the internet run worse.
    Asus Rog G750JZ
    Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
    GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
    RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
    Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
    Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
    Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

Quote Originally Posted by navis995 View Post
    Battery mode should be high performance or balanced as battery saving mode will make the internet run worse.
    Thank you for the reply, yes I found that out not too soon after installing windows first time. Though it happened with it set to High.

Still hoping for some more advice if anyone feels like replying.
    Continuing to have issues like YouTube videos on HD loading quite slow even when just browsing I get slow loading.
    Could the antivirus be the cause or can someone tell me how should i troubleshoot this? =)
    Last edited by Raffafari; 03-19-2015 at 06:27 PM.