cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help! Asus rog gladius or logitech G700s?

Panhai
Level 7
hi i am looking for gaming and work mouse.
need some advice. which one shall i get? the asus or logitech.
comfort is priority.
thanks
19 REPLIES 19

Korth
Level 14
1) What do you plan to use the mouse for?

2) How much are you willing to spend?

Do you prefer a claw or palm grip? Do you want a mouse which can be physically adjusted, configured, customized? Right-handed or left-handed or ambi? More buttons, less buttons, programmable profiles and macros, particular LEDs and colours and styling, etc? Do you need high dpi, fast polling, quick response, special calibration, prediction features, etc?
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Nate152
I choose a mouse on the way it fits my hand. I have kind of big hands and the Logitech g500 - 500s are the ones I like. I haven't tried the gladius so I can't say how that one is. I don't use anything wireless/rechargeable for gaming, everything hardwired.:)

sectionate
Level 12
you should check out zowie mice, they are driverless and use the mouse sensor(s) out
Crosshair IV 1090T 4093.7 - Crosshair V FX - 8350 Batch # 1243PGT 4.422MHz - 4816.08 MHz 1.5v - GSKILL F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR(x2)1087.6 11-12-10 1.5volts - ViewSonic VX2439wm - Acer GD235HZ - SyncMaster P2350 - PowerColor Red Devil RX 480 8GBD5-3DH/OC - Current Mode: 5760 x 1080 - (retired) ASUS GTX660DC2O2GD5 - Nvidia 3D Vision Wired - HAF 932 - Corsair HX850 - Corsair H100i - latest quakelive.com - Day thirteen 60fps - as always I'm powered by Futurelooks.com

NemesisChild
Level 12
G500s....don't use wireless for gaming.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Deon017
Level 8
I like the new Corsair Gaming M65 RGB FPS PC Gaming Laser Mouse Black and agree with no wireless for gaming

Antronman
Level 10
All depends on your hand and what sort of gaming you're doing.

My favorite is the G502. It fits my hand perfectly and it's also very versatile.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Esmea
Level 7
G700s is... a different breed.
Modern Logitech mice have that neat feature that lets you switch the scroll wheel mechanic (incremental or free-spin)... this is a huge perk.
I used to keep cycling my rechargeable batteries through a wall-socket charger; got my replacement time down to 5s when mouse died while gaming. The battery life is a tradeoff for precision. This can have undesired effects, as rechargeable batteries aren't designed to go through such rapid discharge and charge cycles. Logitech forums are filled with complaints about how Logitech's software devs are complete morons. I've honestly had less problems with the G700s than I did with any of my G5's.
With the battery issues (not battery life), the flaky software, and the four thumb buttons can be difficult to get used to; I honestly toss my vote at the 502 proteus core.

Panhai
Level 7
hi thanks.
Anyone try the asus? i prefer craw mouse. mostly first person shooter game.
price not an issue as long as comfortable for work and gaming.
battery must last long. i had a logitech MX 950 but the batt life sucks big time. only can last me 3 days.

thanks

Menthol
Level 14
I recently covered my Logitech g502 with Coca Cola, it still works but the buttons are kind of slow to react, I bought a ROG Gladius just to try something other than Logitech which I have used for years, it feels a little larger than the Logitech, I just got it yesterday so I can't say how I will like it just yet but it appears to be very good so far