cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan Xpert 3 - how to export fan profiles [or find files that contain them]

uplink
Level 9
Greetings,

I really fell in love with Ai Suite, mainly Fan Xpert 3. I googled a bit, but without success. How do I export/find file, that saves "fan" profiles, for Fan Xpert 3?

Thank You,

Humble regards

uplink
9 REPLIES 9

ross_a_mcivor
Level 7
Not sure it does save to file, I think it reads the bios and saves there directly. If u get a registry watcher and file watcher, and change the settings it will show you, but its a long shoot 🙂

uplink
Level 9
ross.a.mcivor - since it's my only shot, I'll give it a try. Thank You! 🙂

ross_a_mcivor
Level 7
I think you'll find its apart of windows wmi objects, saves to the bios through a windows dll, ain't sure which one but sounds like a project 🙂

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Under c:\ProgramData\ASUS\FanXpert\Profiles
the xml files therein.

The calibration data is saved in in c:\ProgramData\ASUS\FanXpert\FanCalibrationData.xml

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

uplink
Level 9
geneo - thank You! 🙂

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Fanexpert sets a absolute lower limit for some of the case fans whereas your fan may be able to go lower. You can change that by changing the maxdutytokeepstill. What I do is calibrate the fans and set this to a little above the lowest measured % where the fan measured a non-zero rpm (mindutytokeeprunning).

You have to restart the fanexpert service after making changes for them to take effect.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

ross_a_mcivor
Level 7
That's cool to know I have like 29 x 120mm fans and 4 x 140 on my case and 4 x 120s on my cpu cooler, I can go as low as 40% on all but my cpu fans which can go to 30%, sounds quite, but not as much as I like. 🙂

Jim_Hurley
Level 7
These are now in
C:\ProgramData\ASUS\DIP\FanXpert\Profiles
Jim Hurley

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Necro alert! You do realize the last activity on this thread was 4 years ago.?

Yeah, tha's where they are kept now.