cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matrix Red LED

Kenmal5
Level 7
What would constitute a heavy load to trigger the LED to Red?
7 REPLIES 7

michele_miele19
Level 7
hello I too am trying to turn on the red light but over the orange / yellow is wrong, I tried with " Ungine Heaven " with maximum details and monitored with GpuTweak when the GPU is at 99% , the LED is still orange / yellow does not go on red let me know bye bye

mechons
Level 7
I had the same problem with asus gtx 980 platinum matrix.

1 GPU, the panel came with a yellowish tint, and a GPU using 99%, the LED was yellow. A maximum load gets 60 degrees.

I made an RMA and sent me another graph with the LED without that has yellowish.

2nd GPU, GPU usage with 99%, the LED is yellow and it also has a problem with the thermal paste to the maximum load temperature reaches 70 degrees in less than 10 minutes in the game, but since I can not open because I lose the warranty, I have to redo another RMA.

Wear one month with these problems, and two weeks waiting send me the 3rd GPU and unable to use the computer.

I think these graphs are coming out with quite failures factory for what they cost and be a top-end product.

I'm reading a while ago, and I'm having the same problems as you.

In this thread you can see photos and my problems with these two GPUs.
-------->https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?56005-Donde-comprar-GTX-980-Matrix-Platinum/page9

I hope to get lucky with the 3rd graph.

I am forgiven for writing Spanish and I use google translator.

michele_miele19
Level 7
thank you very much for having answered are really happy with your participation I also use the translator because they are Italian , this is already the 2nd that they send me so you did RMA , then devvo be started again too? The panel off to me is yellow as the previous card and GPU with a maximum of the LED remains yellow / orange .... as we will have to solve this? I hope not to be forced to change the brand ... I forgot to say also that with this second card heats something more...

Chino
Level 15
The Extreme Preset for 3DMark FireStrike should put enough load on the GTX 980 Matrix to make the LED turn red.

mechons
Level 7
I tried the heaven benchmark, the benchmark valley, with everything on ultra and led only put in yellow, GPU load reached 99%

I also tried the 3dmarkt fire strike, but I remember that in the normal option and led remained yellow.

I tried the farcry 4 each in ultra, and leave a picture of the burden of the GPU to 99% and still led yellow.

http://es.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=x52lts&s=8

I was checking with MSI after burner, monitored in real time in the game all the parameters that gives you the Usage bus, the FB Usage and VID usage, combined with any operation led. With the unique combination going, but without appearing the red LED is the gpu usage.

michele_miele19
Level 7
I asked for a refund of the board, I can not send it back every time for replacement also because the product is not available from the seller

Put card into fairly high overclock, 1381/1241 1999/1753 1482/ 1342. Ran Fire strike on extreme setting blinked red couple of times for a second but revered back to orange. Strange on Unique Heaven even in gaming mode runs fine but at certain points momentarily blinks into safe mode, otherwise stays orange yellow.