Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Thumbs up asus gtx 980 strix voltage locked!?!

hi to all here we all know that asus is pretty strict whit voltage issues on there cards...
    but man why that you put so much of power phases and so many best materials on this card and voltage locked in all meaning?
    measured whit DIMM in full load card will reach only 1.205v....this is just shame for this tipe of the card....
    man this is last asus card in my hands for sure...we are paying so much of money and even can play whit card voltage locked....bla bla bla.....you must play by the nvidia green rules....bla bla bla...
    i truly don't know why asus made this card all equipped whit stuffs but totally crippled.....
    i am selling tomorow for 490 euros and getting some gigabyte gtx 980 g1 gaming or evga gtx 980 sc.....
    in bios of srix you have voltage values up to 1287mv but they locked the card on 1.21v and when i tweaked bios voltage options just by fixing from 1287mv to 1.21v my overclock has romped from 1510 mhz to 1550 mhz !!!!
    bios voltage values are messed up- 1287mv but voltage chip just understand values up to 1.21v....
    truly disappointing how you crippled this card is just a shame.....
    even matrix is voltage locked and when you will mess whit voltage no guaranty then...ho cares about guaranty guys ,is one life we want to have some fun......
    never again asus cards-you lost one costumer......

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba OCZ VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse Razer Basilisk
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

Hello draganptRAMB0

Asus doesn't have control over how much voltage you are allowed to use, it is Nvidia that has locked the voltage. You better hold on to your 980 because other brands voltage will be locked too. The only way you can unlock the voltage is by using a Vbios mod and I won't recommend you to do that.

I hope this changes your mind.

ROG Enthusiast Array

no no....

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    Hello draganptRAMB0

Asus doesn't have control over how much voltage you are allowed to use, it is Nvidia that has locked the voltage. You better hold on to your 980 because other brands voltage will be locked too. The only way you can unlock the voltage is by using a Vbios mod and I won't recommend you to do that.

I hope this changes your mind.
    other models like gigabyte or evga have more voltage on fly evga sc have up to 1.26v and gigabyte up to also 1.25-1.26v and evga is cowering voltage tweaking in RMA!!!!!!!!!
    this is just shame for this kind of the card....
    and by bios tweaking nothing will rise voltage from 1.21v upper cos asus has put some new voltage chip controler from there bios mod is just impossible....
    selling tomorrow for my luck that i find the buyer for 490 euro selling asap and getting i think from evga sc ftw which is beast of the card....

ROG Enthusiast Array

i am coming from classified and kingpin cards....this card is offence to keep in my rig ...truly from my hart whit no offence.....

ROG Enthusiast Array

hey nate 152 i am watching your sig and i spot two words... ROG GURU!?!
    everything is about overclocking, overvolting, flashing, burning ,getting the best score possible, fixing bios-modding,soldering,waching the card reaching the sky.....
    the best felling of every gammer and overclocker is when you add mhz and squize apply ....men that is the best felling in the world.....
    i truly don't know where and when the rog lost the spark.....in my opinion rog has earned plenty of money and from there started to lock the cards of avoiding rma-they just started to be more civilize company and greedy also....
    i even cant belive that the 980 matrix card is voltage locked!!!!!!!!!! MATRIX MAN!!!!!!!
    ho got the spark is EVGA whit classifieds cards-to work whit them is equal to extasy -PURE EXTASY!!!!!
    i had gtx 780 ti kingpin and i can tell you the card is freaking ferrari!!!!i had so much fun whit the card men...sweet....just...sweet.....
    this post that i made now belong to freaking history man!!!!!!
    everything is just........true....
    Last edited by draganptRAMBO; 01-18-2015 at 03:49 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

also EVGA has big fight whit nvidia during the last years of keeping the classified card flying like they should fly...you can imagine what struggle has jacob from evga to make that dream possible......
    form there EVGA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RMA CARDS NOT NVIDIA!!!!!nvidia told after big long fight....ok you won we will allow you to fly.....
    evga is now the best graphics company in the world and trust me that is pure verdict.we will just remember rog and after some time forgot about him.....
    one more thing....nvidia is almost all owner of evga......tell me how nvidia alows evga to voltmod????
    man lets be frank....greedy rog is locking the cards cos they are gentlemen s now.....

ROG Enthusiast Array

like i sad is offence to keep this card on my rig....period!!!!

ROG Enthusiast Array

men just check http://www.overclock.net ...is freaking overclock haven....modded bios flying everywhere ,crazy guys whit awesome advice's voltage burning to the top of the roof,people from all over the world poor rich black white yellow .... everybody together in one purpose........lets get some OVERCLOCK!!!!!!
    lololololol this is rog forum???????????????? NOT EVEN ONE POST OF OVERCLOCKING????????WTF??????????

ROG Enthusiast Array

rog will block me but doesn't matter i will still fly on HIGH VOLTAGE!!!!!!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Scorpion PC Specs
    Scorpion PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    Processori9-9900k @ 5.0GHz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 3600MHz 16GB F4-3600C16D-16GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    MonitorAcer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440P G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB NVME (OS)
    Storage #2Intel 660p NVME 2TB (Games)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i RGB Platinum
    CaseCorsair 750D Airflow Edition Full Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i PSU
    Keyboard Logitech G19s
    Mouse Logitech G502
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC88U

I agree RAMBO!!! You can look here http://kingpincooling.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2896 there is a way to over-volt, but its not ideal, also the ASUS GPU Tweak is a joke! Cant overclock past 1400MHZ Really?!? I'm really disappointed in ASUS!!! I have purchased 4 of these cards and run 2 in SLI in 2 different computers, although I'm happy with the product overall, Why is there no voltage tweaking? Even with ASUS GPU Tweak?!?
    Intel i9-9900k @ 5000Mhz on H115i RGB Platinum
    ASUS Maximus XI Extreme BIOS 1402
    G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB @ 3333MHz 2x8GB 14-14-14-36-1T
    2x in SLI EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 @ 2100/12000 On Air
    Onboard SupremeFX
    Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB - SSD (Games): Intel 660p 2TB
    Corsair AX1200i
    Coorsair Obsidian 750D Air
    Logitech G19s - Mouse: Logitech G502
    Windows 10 Pro x64-bit
    Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 144/165Hz G-Sync IPS 1440P

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast